mostin

Oscar is well & Flora is doing well too.

well the first feeding session didn't go quite as planned :oops::oops: .

Poor little Oscar was as good as gold, but even though I made the food mix up as per the packet, it was very thick, and the syringe flicked off with the pressure and it went EVERYWHERE!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: .

Added some more water to the mix and it went ok from then on. Poor little lad won't stop scratching though, so the "cone of shame" has had to be worn :oops::lol: .

He has now settled in his radiator bed, which is his favourite place in the world :D , hopefully this means he is a bit more relaxed and happy.

Back to the vets this morning :( , he was not impressed, but they were very happy with his progress :D:D .

Home again and he ate quite a lot of tuna from the food bowl, plus some scratchy kitten food :roll::lol::lol: . he kept doing some yowling and clawing at his face and mouth :cry::cry: , but he had his "cone of shame" on so he couldn't do any damage or pull his tube out.

We had to shut Flora in the other room to give him some peace to eat. She was not impressed :evil::evil: , and was hurling herself at the door to get through to us all :lol::lol: . She does not like missing out on attention, or tuna :shameonu::shameonu::shameonu: .

We have to keep on giving him lots of small feeds down his tube all weekend, plus tempting him to eat real food, and then back for a check at the vets on Monday.

Luckily Oscar and Flora's joint x-mas present arrived this morning and we have set it up early for them. It is a cat drinking fountain :oops::oops: , I am hoping it will encourage Oscar to drink more and aid his recovery though :D .

Keep you all posted xxxx

Oh my dearest mostin.... I had no idea! When I got your text today and you mentioned woscy's feeds i thought I'd missed something so came on here. You poor darlings!

I can do Monday morning if Omletina can do Monday afternoon til you get home: us cat ladies will do our best by your lovely boy!

Thanks Laurie, he's doing better.....and I think we'll be OK for Monday now. I'm going to give him a feed before I go to work and then Shaun doesn't have to leave now until late morning, so he's going to give him another before he leaves, so he should be fine then until I get home........and I'm going to try and leave a bit early :wink: . :wink::wink: .

I will be giving both you and Diane a call if he suddenly backslides today though......thank you xxxx

Next vet appt is 7:30 on Monday evening so we'll see what they say.

It appears that each time we tube feed him it must fill his tummy a bit and make him remember he's hungry as 10 mins after each tube feed he goes to his food bowls and tries to eat. He eats a few mouthfuls but then starts yowling and trying to paw at his mouth :cry: , luckily the cone stops him pulling the tube out. He tries for a while but then his tail starts thrashing and it's as if he is getting really cross with himself or the food :?:? .

He goes and sits with his back to the food for a while.......sulking at it :(:( . Sometimes he has another go, but he can never eat much before he has to give up.

Hopefully as his mouth gradually heals he will gradually be able to eat more and more :pray::pray: .

Oh Elaine, I've only just caught up on the whole story - poor little boy! :( But he does sound as though he is on the mend - he must be feeling better to be having these little paddys with his food! :lol: Sending gentle hugs and some doggy licks from the girls. Hope he is soon better! xx

Been to the vets but much the same :(:( , I was hoping for more of an improvement. So it's staying with the same feeding and painkiller routine for another couple of days and then back again.

Awful day at work and I am soooooo tired. If he makes the slightest noise in the night I am awake as I am worried he has choked on the tube or torn it off his face :wall: .

Glad I'm not at work tomorrow, and we can all have a peaceful day together, giving Flora some much needed playtime, as she is driving him mad with her pent up energy :lol::lol::lol: , and some nice spaced out feeding times for Oscar :D .

Been waiting for your update, sorry theres no improvement but thats better than a deteriation eh :wink:

Tomorro will be a relief, it must be so hard leaving them both to go to work. I can imagine how awful it must be during the night, practically waiting for sounds and not sleeping properly. Some morning and afternoon naps called for tomorro me thinks :)

I'm so sorry to read about Oscar :( (((((hugs)))) I really hope the meds will start to work and he'll be back to his old self. Our cat is ill and his brother doesn't understand why the normally feisty Oliver doesn't want to play when he leaps on him. Have a lovely day off playing with Flora :)

I've been reading about your poor Ollie :( , I shed quite a few tears when I read your thread last night, I know just how helpless you must feel at the moment.

Oscar nearly managed to pull his tube out last night as I was cleaning his cone :shock::shock: , but I threaded it back down, and luckily it went down his throat and not his wind pipe :vom::vom: .

We now have 2 litter trays on the go, as Flora isn't going out yet either. I'm beginning to worry that my house will be smelling like a mad old cat lady's soon :lol::lol::lol::lol: