mostin

Oscar is well & Flora is doing well too.

Oh Elaine - she's such a pretty girl! I'm soooooooo jealous :mrgreen:

We are currently looking into having another cat - we lost our old guy 3 months ago and we can tell that Pants really misses him, as I think Mortimer was the boss. I understand exactly what you mean about the 'clingy' thing - even if I just pop upstairsand am gone more than he thinks is long enough, up he comes looking for me, headbutting the bathroom door open if it's pushed too or sitting directly outside the shower cubicle so I can't open the door - little devil!

Some pic's of Mortimer (b/w) and Pants (g/w)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2066875&id=1037287477&l=d5c8fbff92

My son has asked if we can dig Mortimer up and clone him to keep Pants company - failing that can he have a kitten please!

I'm currently trying to arrange a home inspection so fingers crossed, we'll have a new addition soon too.

Oh he was lovely FluffyFeet, love the pics with the pegs :oops::lol::lol: .

Maybe a kitty the age I have got would suit all needs. Flora is 7 months old but still plays ........a lot!! :roll::lol: , but is past the really needy kitten stage.

Also, a lot of people get rid of them after 6 months :cry::cry::cry: , once they are past the teeny tiny stage, so there are usually older kittens in rescue centres from people who have got bored :evil::evil: .

Thinking about it a kitten would probably get squashed if the ginger pudding didn't see him prior to sitting down!

I've found a black cat on the CPL site called Colin who is 6 months old needing a home.

Snag is he is with his sister who I would love as well, but OH is digging his heels in and says only one. Booooooo!

The ad states that they don't have to go together but I just wouldn't be able to take one and not the other.

Will have to find a way of winning him round somehow :think:

Dawn x

awww so happy to read your lovely posts and all is going so well. :D

We have same situation too, lost a cat earlier this year leaving one behind. Shes become so clingy its untrue, especially as shes an indoor cat too. Keep trying to convince hubby that she needs a friend but he wont budge. :?

I know she would benefit from some cat company and probably wouldnt be so clingy (drives me bonkers) but just cant get him to move on it. Even told him about your wonderful post. :D

Effectively just having one cat now will stop us having any holidays as I just dont think it fair to leave her on her own (cat sitter calls 3 times a day) but its so not the same as before she used to have her buddy for 24 hour company.

I wish he would reconsider, but think the memory too painful of having to have our other cat pts, it was so hard to have to do. :(

Congrats on your new cat. xxxx

I wish he would reconsider, but think the memory too painful of having to have our other cat pts, it was so hard to have to do. :(

I have to admit that I am quite stunned OH came round to getting a new cat so soon. We have no children and our cats have always been our babies, but eventually he had to admit that he was being selfish to his own mourning by keeping Oscar unhappy and clingy, and we needed to think of Oscars feelings.

It's been tough at times to see a new little face in the house and not Tilleys :cry: , but Oscar is so much happier already :D

We have no children and our cats have always been our babies, but eventually he had to admit that he was being selfish to his own mourning by keeping Oscar unhappy and clingy, and we needed to think of Oscars feelings.

It's been tough at times to see a new little face in the house and not Tilleys :cry: , but Oscar is so much happier already :D

its the same for us too, we dont have children. So the cat/s mean so much to us. I can only hope in time he will change his mind. Have looked at all the cats in rescue near me... and there are so so many!

Its such a shame for them. I will keep trying. Wore him down over having some chickens . :lol:

Intros are still going well in the Mostin household :lol::lol::lol: . She is certainly finding her feet and becoming cheekier by the day :roll: . Sleeping under the duvet, between us! seems to hold no fears for her :lol::lol: .

The no table-top or kitchen surface, training continues :roll: , but she is getting much better :D .

I do think some sort of massive dog has been using the litter tray though :shock: , no kitten that size can do that much.......that often........ :vom: .

Oscar is taking it all in his stride. he has stopped being neurotically clingy, but still comes for cuddles and sleeps in his usual spots :dance::dance::dance: . He does get a bit miffed with Flora though, as she really wants to be very, very close to him :lol: , and he is just not having any of her cuddles :notalk: .

f7d72139b4ed42beb197f66407fb701a.jpg

b05af3687c0f4f7aa6fad6e5c0a828d2.jpg

He puts up with her for a while, and then that look as he turns to me just says "Can't you entertain her for a while?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Bless

Hi guys........not such a hot update to give now........hence the radio silence for a few days :(:( .

It appears that Oscars mourning was far more severe than we had realised. On Tues morning we woke up..........usual positions........Oscar in between our pillows, and Flora in between our feet..........but he was drooling at the mouth and his jaw was making these cracking noises as he was trying to move it :shock::shock::vom::vom: .

I had him to the vets within the hour, thinking he must have fallen on the ice the day before and dislocated his jaw! When the vet examined him, he found that his mouth was full of ulcers, and that he was severely dehydrated :cry::cry: .

I was distraught as the vet said the virus could have come from the new cat :cry: , but he also said that it could have been something Oscar was carrying anyway. I felt soooooooo guilty. I had to leave him there to be put on a drip and I sobbed all the way home.

I brought Flora in the next day to be checked out, but she got a clean bill of health :pray: . Unfortunately Oscar still wasn't eating :( . They tried giving him appetite stimulants to get him to eat.

This morning they rang to say that he still wasn't eating so they were putting a tube down his nose to feed him :cry::cry: , they said it would be ok for us to visit him this afternoon as it might perk him up a bit.

I've just come back from seeing the little love :(:( , bless him, he has a drip in his paw and a tube down his nose and a big cone round his neck. He started meowing as soon as he saw me and we had lots of cuddles :D:D . the vet nurses said that was the 1st noise they had heard him make so far, even when putting in the tube, so I am going back tomorrow to try to perk him up again, as he has just been laying like a rag doll in the corner :( .

I feel slightly less guilty now, as they said for an infection to take this great a hold, he must have been letting himself go, and getting immuno-compromised ever since his sister died, and it's not because we got Flora a week last Sunday. It's still hard not to beat myself up about it though.

Sorry for the long post :oops: , but I just had to unburden myself to you guys, hope you understand.

Oh Mostin love, im sorry, poor little Oscar, but now they are getting some nourishment inside him, hopefully he will find the strength to pull through. Sounds like seeing you helped him too :)

A nice relief that Flora has a clean bill of health though and its not her fault.

Bless Oscar, we are all :pray: for him.

Please keep us informed Mostin {{hugs}}