mostin

Oscar is well & Flora is doing well too.

Poor chap :( He should improve quickly once he is hydrated. Try not to beat yourself up about it. Perhaps you can prepare some lovely strong smelling treats to take in for him to encourage him to eat.

Thanks, He usually gets the Royal Canin all in one moist pellet food, but I have taken in some felix kitten food sachets today, which seem to be the equivalent of macdonalds filled with crack!!!! to judge by his reaction whenever he has had any before :lol::lol: . Plus a couple of weeny tins of tuna in spring water, I told them they could tempt him with them anytime they liked.

The trouble is that he so rarely gets "people food" or treats, that he doesn't react to it very much :doh::doh:. Hope he's sleeping comfortably tonight :(

Would it make any difference which virus it is?

If it is Oscar may be a carrier, the virus coming to the fore in times of stress. It is good to know in terms of Flora and also so that Mostin can be aware of this during times of stress. A little info on Calici HERE. Also if it isn't Calici there is a possibilityn (although less likely); if he is not vaccinated for it, that it is FeLV or FIV which of course is important to be aware of.

I hope that he improves today Mostin. As with most viruses he has to fight it himself. I am sure that visits from you will perk him up. :)

Thank you, for all the good wishes. Just waiting for the vet to phone with this mornings report now :?:? . We always have our cats vaccinated and boosters done on time, but I guess you're never safe from everything are you :( .

I certainly won't be letting my mums elderly cat come to stay with us at the moment. If both my mogs are now carriers, then a visit to my house may now just finish him off :shock::shock: .

I certainly won't be letting my mums elderly cat come to stay with us at the moment. If both my mogs are now carriers, then a visit to my house may now just finish him off :shock::shock: .

This is why having them swabbed for calici might be a good idea. Your vet will be able to advise you fully. Fingers crossed for Oscar over the next few days :pray:

Not been on the forum as much as usual the past few days so only just caught up with this. so sorry to hear about the lovely Oscar not being on top form. I hope he perks up soon, bless him. Sending you lots of hugs. If there is anything at all that I can do, please just ask, I'm only about 40 minutes away from you, so anything......xx

Not been on the forum as much as usual the past few days so only just caught up with this. so sorry to hear about the lovely Oscar not being on top form. I hope he perks up soon, bless him. Sending you lots of hugs. If there is anything at all that I can do, please just ask, I'm only about 40 minutes away from you, so anything......xx

Thanks, I may have to take you up on that......but I'll explain further in a moment......

Oscar is home for the night :dance::dance::dance::dance: . He did a huuuuuuuuge wee in the car that went right through the wadding in the cat carrier and soaked my car seat :wall::wall: , but he's forgiven anything now :lol::lol: .

We have to syringe food and water and appetite stimulants and metacam down his nose tube tonight and tomorrow morning, and then take him back to the vets at 10:30 for a check up.

He wouldn't even touch the soft food at the vets, but as soon as he got home he headed straight for the crunchy Royal Canin kitten food that was down for flora and started munching :shock::shock::shock: Ouch!!!

He is howling and howling to go out :cry::cry: , but we can't let him out, even with his "cone of shame" on :oops::lol: .

I'm just soooooo glad he seems more like himself now. He's had a good hiss at Flora :roll: , but we are keeping them in separate rooms for this evening, just because we can't risk his tube being pulled out......It is stitched on to his face :vom: .

fingers crossed for a quiet night and a peaceful feed at 8 o'clock. I've tried and failed to get Monday off work, and OH is away, so if he still needs all this care on Monday I may well be calling in your favour Omletina :pray::pray: .

About 5 years ago my eldest cat got hit by a car and broke her jaw. I saw the whole accident and so was able to get her to the vets quickly (I still see the impact now). I had to keep her in my bedroom for two weeks and give her metacam. Initially that was not too bad but when she started to feel better she was a pain to keep in but I knew it was for the best. She had to have the litter tray in the ensuite bathroom so that we couldn't see her 'go'. She has her pride after all.

The best way I found to feed her was to put a little food at a time on a blanket/towel. It was messy but she couldn't bear the feeling of her teeth brushing on anything hard like a saucer or dish. I used to have to give her a tiny amount at first with the meds in and then when I knew she had eaten that could feed her the rest. I seem to remember a lot of hand feeding went on too, and regular trips to the vets...

All I can say is she is now 16 and shows no sign of ever having a broken jaw (apart from the teeth that are missing).

Stick with it and I hope Oscar makes a full and speedy recovery as Meggy did.

Glad he is on the mend (didn't mean to upset you with the PM :eh: )funnily enough my cat would only eat the dried stuff too :shock:

Not upset at all, just haven't had time to answer sorry :oops: .

Thanks for all the hints and tips people. I am passing on all your lovely messages to woscy xxxx