Rhapsody

Foster Dog!!! UPDATE :)

We're failed fosterers... We kept our first dog! Just couldn't let her go.

Gina - our Stippet. (Staffie x whippet)

4499_94490268693_530408693_2541758_3220932_n.jpg

She was found wandering round the streets of Kent somewhere. So sad. :( She's such a loving pooch with humans so hopefully she wasn't abused, but will never know. We originally were going to foster lots of dogs that needed help through ProDogsDirect who take on dogs from puppy farms, or dogs that are due to be put down because no one wants them :( but I guess a permanent home is the ultimate goal for them anyway so they weren't too disappointed when we couldn't foster any more once we decided to keep Gina. :wink:

Misty looks lovely and will no doubt flourish in your care (If you part with her! :wink: )

Awww what a beautiful picture, hes having so much fun, how much better than a kennel? :clap:

I was so lucky, talk about right place, right time, with my little George. I went to the rescue centre for a 1 yr old which was on their website, when i got there he had gone, but they said 'would you be interested in a puppy?' They had the mum there who had had 6 puppies and i got George! :dance:

Most dogs are rehomed in a couple of months or so, partic the younger ones. She's a sweet thing and you certainly feel safe with her around!

She was microchipped today, we had a Training to Heel walk to the vet and back (2 miles of fun) all good until someones mental Handbag Dog had a pop at her in the waiting room :evil: she went up on 2 legs and lunged...I dont think that little basket will be challenging a Mastiff again in a hurry! :lol: got her back under control and walked her past it perfectly on the way out.

Another lively moment when a squirrel ran out in front of us and I thanked Providence I had her on the Gencon. I think I am earning my stripes!

Lovely photos, hope you keep them to show prospective new owners how far she's come? There's so much for them to learn, but she'll get the hang of everything very quickly I'm sure. She's a poppet, do you know how long you are keeping her or is it simply until a new home is found? (Sorry, just being nosey now!) :wink:

:lol::lol: I can just see you being dragged along on yer face :roll:

A friend recently took in a bull mastiff pup when the owner's marriage spit up. It became clear that they weren't coming back for the dog, and they really needed to rehome the chap as he was just growing too big for their house :shock: he was ENORMOUS, but really gentle and went by the improbable name of Mr Sizzles :roll: *splutters*. Lovely dog, but boy could he slobber.

Well done with his control and training.

A friend recently took in a bull mastiff pup when the owner's marriage spit up. It became clear that they weren't coming back for the dog, and they really needed to rehome the chap as he was just growing too big for their house .

I could rant for roughly 3 hours about that one sentence! WHY DO PEOPLE BUY THESE DOGS NO QUESTIONS ASKED WITH NO EXIT OR LONG TERM PLAN??????? :twisted::twisted::twisted:

It was all very odd - this couple had two small children and lived in a small terraced house (smaller than mine), next door to my friends who took Sizzles in. My friends had two dogs of their own (lurchers) so having Sizzles too was waaaay too much, but they rehomed him with someone they knew who worked as a groundsman at one of the military bases and could take him to work every day. The most adorable puppy, but destined to be Hoooooge if his growth plates were anything to go by! :roll:

I'll join you on that rant girls :roll:

Our new dog :)

169022_1820321386635_1198187249_32149829_1403178_n.jpg

17 month old American Bulldog spayed female. She was called Chloe but weve changed it to Bowie cos of her unmatching eyes 8) and as it sounds so similar she responds to it. She was bought as a family dog but the mother found out one of her kids had been taking her aside and abusing her (he is Autistic) so she ended up as an Ironmountain Large Breed Rescue dog. She has issues around kids (runs away) and sometimes her collar and lead freak her out but she has the usual fabulous American Bully temperament, is submissive with other dogs, clean quiet and crate trained. Always pleased to see you but doesnt jump up or bark. We'd be stupid to let her go!

:dance::dance::dance: