coco

Outbid twice.

I hate it when that happens.....I've just upgraded my Mobile, so I can have an Ebay app on it...so I can check it at work..in my breaks of course!!

Slightly OT.....2 packages arrived for me today, that I didn't remeber getting off ebay, until I checked my purchases...it was when I slept downstairs the other night, when I had an asthma attack.......I remember going online to talk to my friend, and must have done some ebaying as well...just as well I need some over the knee socks!

No,,it is outbidding in the last few seconds of an auction.....subtle difference.

whether you choose to bid or snipe,just always bid the maximum you are willing to pay.

Then,because of the increment,you will never bid more than you want to pay. It won't shoot up to that amount unless someone outbids you.

Snipping keeps the overall bid lower,or can do.

It does,but it is a very,very small amount,plus you get the first 5 for free :D

Small price to pay for winning something you want,IMHO.

Oh yes definitely, the one I was using was cheap for buying overseas but a ridiculous amount for stuff here, it wasn't related to the final price, but was still over £1 which I thought seemed a lot at the time

What I tend do to is watch the item but not register my interest and if there have been no bids for quite some time then generally the top bidder assumes it's theirs if no new bids are placed, thus allowing me to place a bid in the closing minute and usually win the item :oops:

Or if I'm busy and don't have time to watch the auction I decide my maximum total price at the beginning, deduct the postage and packing from it and put that as my bid, I usually still win the items at less than maximum bid and on the odd occasion that I don't then as far as I'm concerned if I can't get it at the price I want then I'm not meant to have it :)

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get one soon :pray:

What I tend do to is watch the item but not register my interest and if there have been no bids for quite some time then generally the top bidder assumes it's theirs if no new bids are placed, thus allowing me to place a bid in the closing minute and usually win the item :oops:

Thats what I do too :oops: I only started doing that though because I used to find myself in the same situation as others, I'd got the highest bid and then in the last minute I was outbid. But I normally find items that when they finish I am in the house so can watch them until they finish so I'm able to put a bid in on the last min!

That is exactly what sniping does,only you don't have to sit over the auction and can bid in the dying seconds :D

I haven't shopped at fleabay auctions that often, but when I have won something by bidding at the last moment it's quite exciting. I'd hate some piece of software to have that feeling for me so I do it myself but I understand if you do a lot and perhaps make a living reselling stuff it must be simpler to snipe.

Congrat's on finally getting a chair.

a little late now but I use a site called Bidnapper for things that I REALLY want to get from Ebay. Although two weeks ago I bought my latest car on Ebay and bid myself in the last minute and won it (£10.91 off my max price). Note the odd pennies at the end. I've won countless auctions by bidding the extra few pennies!

:D