Alis girls

Animal names

OH and I were discussing that the vets surgeries must see some silly names and a fair supply of dogs and cats named after pop stars. I know there are some vets and vet nurses on here do you keep a record of the stupidest and plain ridiculous? Certainly in GP surgeries we already have babies called Rhianna and Beyonce which makes me smile. :roll: Just being nosey :shameonu:

Well at my vet's (and probably most these days?) they don't call out your own name when it's your turn, they call out the animal's name plus your surname.

'Wellington B____, please' shouted out across the waiting-room does make me smile.

I once heard someone explaining to the vet. nurse that her cats were called Garage and House, after different types of music. Then she went on to spell ... G-A-R-R-I-D-G-E ... :roll:

I'm looking after 3 hens for a friend at the moment. One of the hens (who is called 'Stupid Hen' - named by my friend, not me!) needed to go to the vet last week to have her beak looked at.

When I called to make the appointment, the receptionist asked me the name of the hen. 'Errrrrr, she doesn't really have one' I said (panicking, and trying to think very quickly), 'I just call her Hen'.

I would have died of embarrassment if the vet had called her real name out in the waiting room! :oops:

I'm looking after 3 hens for a friend at the moment. One of the hens (who is called 'Stupid Hen' - named by my friend, not me!) needed to go to the vet last week to have her beak looked at.

When I called to make the appointment, the receptionist asked me the name of the hen. 'Errrrrr, she doesn't really have one' I said (panicking, and trying to think very quickly), 'I just call her Hen'.

I would have died of embarrassment if the vet had called her real name out in the waiting room! :oops:

That was good thinking!! Quite a funny name though... is she stupid or something?! :lol:

Our girls are called Casserole, Korma and Kiev. :oops:

When we moved into our first house I very nearly ended up with two Siamese kittens (from a work colleague who was having trouble homing them.) In the end they went to another colleague who's property was better suited to cats but I had the names all ready ....Widdle and Puke - as, apparently, that was all that they seemed to do!! :shameonu: Good job we didn't get them after all really!!!!! :roll:

(white chicken) Casserole

(white chicken) Korma

(white chicken) Kiev

(green eglu)

That was good thinking!! Quite a funny name though... is she stupid or something?! :lol:

You should have left it at "stupid hen" - it would have caused much hilarity in the waiting room. :lol:

Her name actually has a word which you could probably replace with 'very in front of 'stupid hen'... which is why I would have died of embarassment if it had been called out in the waiting room. Stupid Hen I could just about cope with!

Oh and no she's not stupid, she's bright enough to be top chook anyway!

I named my dog Otis after the elevator company as its a company in the organisation I work for

The cat is supposed to be Sikorsky (another company in the group) but ended up being referred to as Starsky and that has stuck

next dog will be called Hamilton..

(I wonder if I am a bit obsessed with work sometimes.... :shh: )

I've heard of a' Russell' which may not seem very funny but he is a crow :lol:

:lol::lol:

I LOVE alternative witty names for animals. Our lot have quite a few celebrity names- Alice Cooper, Eric Clapton, Gene Simmons, Jimmy Page the chooks. The goats are all TV presenters- Justin, Colin, Clarkson, Hammond and May. Lastly our new dog is Bowie, because she has odd-coloured eyes and was called Chloe which is too normal for me!

I used to have a pet rat called Tyrrannosaurus Rat, she used to come down the pub in my pocket.

When my daughter was a stroppy toddler we bought her a rabbit and she got the hump for some reason. We asked her what she wanted to call him and she said (in her best north Kent accent :roll: ) nuffink. So Nuffink it was. Trouble is my old vets always used to call out the animal's name instead of our name. DD called the next rabbit 'Mrs' :roll:

We found a budgie once and kept it and ES was about 4 and couldn't remember that it was a budgie and kept calling it pigeon so whilst we were waiting to see if anyone claimed it he became Pigeon which then stuck. :D

One of the little girls at school has a cat named Flannel. She hasn't a clue why.

My childhood rabbit (a huge Old English) was named Twitchit, I always liked that!

Edited to add: I nearly forgot my boys' guinea pigs who were named after the two hairiest characters in Star Wars - Chewbacca and Wicket. I suppose those are celebrities!

I love unusual pet names. My DS called our cat YoYo for some reason - well, he was 3. Trouble is he has no idea why he called him it now :lol::roll: The rest of our pets names have been

Sparkie (budgie)

Sesame (canary)

Daisy, Moonshine and Cocoa (chickens)

Oliver, the aforementioned YoYo & Gizzy (momo) (cats)

My sister had a guinea pig called Everton as he was black and white like the mints. She also had one called Marmalade and a rabbit called Douglas. We had one cat which we adopted of my SIL who was called Remedial (we called her Meedge for short and for kindness)