Purplemaniacs

3 ex batts have a new home! Pictures added!

We are home with our three new ex batts :D , a great day!

They look great far more feathers than many that I have seen on the forum.

They are now in their new eglu home and run, two seem quite lively and are investigating the run and eglu but the third one is just standing there sometimes on one leg with her eyes closed, I hope she is ok.

Well done to all those invovled in the rehoming, having never been to one before we did not know what to expect but it was so well organised and everyone was so helpful, it was lovely to meet Em :D

I hope to get OH to post some pictures later on.

Chrissie

Edited by Guest

So glad you posted, I was hoping you'd update us with the news about your new girls. Can't wait to see some piccies when you've got time to put some up (hint hint!).

Just keep an eye on your quiet girl for now. Chances are she's just a bit shell shocked by the move and will pick up in a day or two. Is she eating and drinking? If she's not drinking, you could try tempting her with some water sweetened with a little honey or sugar which might help perk her up a bit.

It's always so good to see ex-batts getting a lovely retirement :D . Well done you and the rescuers, and great photos. You can just tell they're going to be cheeky chooks in no time!

I'm sure your quiet one will soon come out of herself, especially when she discovers unlimited food and drink and the joys of a dustbath.

Any names yet?

We have just been out expecting to put them to bed and they were all in the eglu going to sleep :D:D

How clever was that :D:D the egg was laid in the eglu not in the nest but without bars it does look a bit like one big nest :D

The quiet one was much livelier later in the afternoon, hopefully she just needed a little longer to get over the shock of moving to a new home.

Chrissie

How exciting they look lovely and I bet there so grateful to see the sun and earth . Im getting 5 exbats in 12 days ( yes I am counting the days lol) soooo looking forward to it . hubby and I have spent all weekend preparing the garden ready for the coop to arrive so today I ache !

Keep us updated on your lovely chooks :o

They look great! Sounds like they have settled into their new home quickly :D

Was great to meet you too! :D

It was great to meet you too.

They are settling in well, they take themselves to bed in the eglu and today I had two eggs in the nest and one at the back of the eglu :D

The quiet one is much brighter now.

Chrissie