abwsco

In preparation for winter

Amazon have Gelert folding shovels for £3.97. Ideal for the boot of the car. Linky Go to more buying choices to see the Amazon cheap price. I've ordered one for our car and one for DD's. DH thinks I'm losing the plot. He won't be saying that though if we need to use them - lol

Edited by Guest

Think it's a good idea to be prepared long before - the prices shoot up and you may not get one if there is a bad winter and everybody wants them at the same time. We did that with the big snow shovels last year. OH had made some boards out of hardboard - which worked well initially but when we spotted them in the summer sale we bought one for each of us - to take in the car and for home. People gave us funny looks at the time. So when the snow came this time we were well prepared and it made light work of the trip down to the chickens - managed to clear lots off the grass too.

And "Ooops, word censored!"ody mention that C word - it's too early even if Harrods usually starts in August!!!!! :shameonu:

Going to arrange for my boiler to be serviced asap! It's usually the pumps that go wrong with all the limescale here - thank goodness for the immersion heater switch and the gas fire and a couple of electric fan heaters for those New Year days when the darned things fail to work!

Yep, I need to book a chimney sweep as well. We got some "ice melt" stuff last year and still have some supplies left so OK on that front.

As for the C word someone on another forum I use has finished all of their present shopping already :shock::shock: