abwsco

In preparation for winter

They won't fit on Ugg style boots if that's what you're hoping - they need much sturdier soles. They are really best on wellies or walking boots. I wear mine over my muck boots.

Depends on the Uggs. I have Ugg Ultimates with chunkier soles and they are great o them.... May only be crepe type soles they don't work on?

Yep, I wore them on my Kiwi's as well.

Stuff it Lewis -

I'm getting some! So we can both get funny looks round Aber! I just don't fancy slipping over & I have to walk down the track each day & in the village to the post office. It's either Yak Trax, a sledge or both?

Have already planned to buy a sledge as soon as I see on in the shops. Might need it to pull the post on & of course have a bit of fun on. :wink:

AM looking for some cavelry style boots at the mo too. Autumn is well & truly here..leggings, boots, nice scarves & funky hats.

Emma.x

Just looking at Yaktrax for Aber, never seen anyone wearing them before though.

Looks like a good idea but think I might get some funny looks getting off the bws + putting them on! :lol:

:lol::lol: you'd look even sillier when you fall on yer botty!

Our street is on a hill and never gets gritted so the road and pavements are treacherous (not helped by kids skiing and sledging down the road) and walking the dogs turns into an extreme sport when it snows :roll: mine must have saved me a broken bone or two in the snowfall we had last winter.

Just got THE email (doh)

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"Gelert Folding Shovel"

Estimated arrival date: November 11 2011 - November 22 2011

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You have not been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

Just butting in here on this thread, but hearing you all talk about snow shovels :shock: have you tried an Army Surpluss shop?

DH bought a small folding snow shovel in a canvass bag last year to keep in the car and it is very sturdy and good quality. He paid under £5 for it as well. It could be worth considering as you dont want to be caught out before the end of November :(

Just butting in here on this thread, but hearing you all talk about snow shovels :shock: have you tried an Army Surpluss shop?

DH bought a small folding snow shovel in a canvass bag last year to keep in the car and it is very sturdy and good quality. He paid under £5 for it as well.(

Good tip, thank you. There is an army surplus place a few miles away, I might pop over and see what they have.

OH does the church website and was in discussion this am with church sec and the vicars wife wandered in asking if they knew where snow shovel was? OH thought this was funny - maybe her hotline to God has told her something the rest of us are party too :lol: Omlet is not good for me - I sent for snow boots for me and OH from Amazon yesterday :shameonu: