Redwing

New 'Couple of Trios'

The sale was brilliant, a very good day out but it was strange seeing the field almost empty at the end. It was such a shame that they didnt manage to find someone to take it on as a going concern :(

End to end the sale took about 6 hours and that was with two auctions running at once!

Top prices were £440 for a trio or quartet of Appenzellers and £440 for a quartet of naked neck large fowl

Average price per adult bird was about £30 I guess

The coops and runs went for a song in some cases, one lady bought a coop and 10ft run for £4! feeders and drinker sales was strange with some making nearly as much as it would cost to buy them new!

I did come home with the breeds that I wanted which was good but I couldnt resist the 'lucky dip' boxes of random chicks so I have quite the selection of breeds now :lol:

I also bought 35 hatching eggs :shh:

Space Chick using her Tetris skills helped me to pack the car, it all went in my hatchback with the seats down but it was a close run thing :lol:

I went with the intention of getting a trio of bantam Araucanas and Speckled Sussex and possibly some Silbars (autosexing Silkies)

I *may* have come home with 79 chooks

I miscounted! its 84 I think

:shock::shock:

Wow, you have some SERIOUS chicken math skills, I am impressed.