Redwing

New 'Couple of Trios'

Lol i would hate to see you have no max ammount in mind :whistle:

I think i would move out if i came home with that many my oh would FREEK out big time i came home the other day with 2 silkies and he was not amused :? ( thay are so adorable though and i couldnt get one on its own to go into qt :D )

EDIT just told OH about this and i am now baned from going to an auction :shock:

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!

Words almost fail me (which is really impressive, Tash - I pretty much NEVER run out of things to say)

That sounds absolutely fantastic - mad, but fantastic :D

Hugely envious - we definitely need pics (so wanted to go the auction, but was double or was it treble booked and now quite relieved as if things were going for manageable prices resisting might have been beyond me)...

and if you HAPPENED to want to see a couple of Welsummers on......... :wink:

Glad that we know we needn't worry about the welfare of a chunk of the Wernlas flock - lucky girls moving in with you and with Space Chick :)

I THINK this is the final count up but having said that I spotted a Light Sussex and a couple of Welsummers as I unpacked everything this morning so I think I may have a few more than I thought...

5 x Silver laced Wyandottes (large)

9 x Cuckoo Pekins

8 x buff Plymouth Rock bantams

3 x Black pekins

17 x Speckled Sussex bantams

4 x Gold Silkies

1 x Cuckoo Silkie

3 x Partridge Silkies

6 x Silbars (autosexing Silkies)

4 x Buff Orpington (large)

2 x Cream Legbars

1 x Lavender Araucana (large)

1 x Blue Cochin

1 x Dorking

1 x Blue Andalusian

3 x Black red Araucana bantams

3 x dark Indian Game bantams

1 x blue laced Wyandotte (large)

4 x buff laced Wyandottes (large)

4 x jubilee Indian Game

4 x White Wyandottes (large)

OMG Tasha! :shock:

Shame on me, but have only just caught this thread. I am so jealous. I had no idea that Wernlas were selling up or I'd have been there like a shot.

I bought Muggle and Squib, my Cuckoo and Partridge Silkies from there nearly 4 years ago (still going strong I'm happy to say). Sad that they've closed.

I can't even begin to imagine unloading all those chooks from a hatchback. :lol::lol::lol:

Well done anyway.

I must say its hard work!

Thanks MedusA, I wanted some of the Wernlas chooks as although not all were very top quality examples of the breed some are quite uncommon.

I particularly wanted the speckled Sussex bantams, you dont see many of these about and it will be nice to work on these to get them to show quality.

The Silbars are very rare - Wernlas were the only listed supplier of these on the Autosexing register so I was keen that they dont disappear with the company, I was lucky to get a few of these including a couple of boys and know that the breeding group was sold so at least two of us are plugging away at the cause!

I didnt see a single Wernlas Olive cockerel/male chick sold at all so can only imagine that those lovely birds will vanish which is sad :(