Plum

2011 Christmas Crafty Swap-Photos page one

Dear Secret Santa and Chief helper the Elf Plum :) My parcel arrived this morning- very exciting BUT.........................................

my Secret Santa seems to know far more about me than I expected- especially based upon what info I passed on when requested. Come on own up who are you? How do you know what I do and where I work? You name one of my colleagues too which makes it even worse!!!!! Have I given away so much info about myself in an earlier post at some time - have you trawled through all my posts :lol: Or am I just missing something really obvious :oops:

Thank you very much for everything , including the intrigue!!!!!!

How spooky :lol: but you did give me a lot of info to pass on.

At least you will not have to get your snowy owl costume on to get it from the post office!

Tracy

Whoop, mine has arrived - funny it was just the right shape to fit through the letterbox :think:

I am being very good - it is under the tree :dance:

Was that a hint? Must go and have another feel :lol:

Do we know if all the swaps have been posted? If they have it is definitely worth checking with the local Sorting Office to see if parcels are there. Posties often don't leave calling cards and it is even more common with the relief staff that work over Christmas - they can check without you needing a calling card or tracking number, just make sure that you take I/D.

Do we know if all the swaps have been posted? If they have it is definitely worth checking with the local Sorting Office to see if parcels are there. Posties often don't leave calling cards and it is even more common with the relief staff that work over Christmas - they can check without you needing a calling card or tracking number, just make sure that you take I/D.

There is always someone in at my mad house and we are on first name terms with our postie. Infact he knows everyones name in the village. :roll: I don't know how he does it. I was in the post office yesterday and they also know everyone. Definitely no secret santa for me, yet. :( Disapointed yes, but the sender may have sent it and it has been lost, or they may have a crises on their hands. If you look at it that way you wont get :evil: Paul our postie has not been today as yet so today could be the day. :dance:

dont forget Chicken Shack. it wont have your real name on the parcel, it will say "Chicken Shack" :D thats enough to confuse anyone :lol:

Yes you are right there. :lol: However when we moved here in August I had told the bank our new address but had reversed the door number :roll: how ever Paul the postie wasn't fooled even if I am. :lol: He saw the name and knocked on our door to tell us so that we could get it sorted. I think the whole village knows I am the chicken lady. Christmas cards have been put through my door with the Chicken lady written on the envelope. :lol::lol: Yes I am disapointed that my parcel hasn't arrived but in the scheme of things it is not the end of the world. :D

Well I just sat down about half an hour to have some breakfast (cats, hens, rabbits take priority as we all know). and the doorbell rang. I rushed to the door wiping toast crumbs from my face but it was just a friend with a pressie. Never been so disappointed with a present before. Sat down, took another bite of toast and the bell rang again - this time it was a big parcel addressed to Jennifer Jane!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Well, I know just from squishing it that I am going to LOVE it, and it was accompanied by a beautiful cross stitch christmas card, which I would have been happy with alone. So thank you, thank you, thank you to my Secret Santa. I just worry now about the disappointment that my "swapee" will experience when she opens my meagre effort. So I vow to do better next year, to learn new skills, and to give a present that will delight.

Post office wouldn't give me my parcel :( So I had to arrange redelivery... it's coming on the 27th. So if I don't post pictures and thanks and excitement on xmas day, it's because it's being postponed :) Bloomin' post office!

As I suspected, following my experience with my daughters birthday present - at least Christmas will last longer!

Tracy

p.s. if my secret santa reads this - I am with relatives over Christmas, so not back in computer contact until late Tuesday, so don't take offence when I do not post a photo Christmas day.

:D Big, big thanks to Plum elf for organising all this!

I opened my box, not trying to cheat but I needed to make space under the tree, and the contents weren't wrapped. It contains a cornucopia of home preserves - blackcurrant jam, savoury salt, mulled apricot jam, spiced curry chutney, apple chutney with cider - and a little knitted stocking with some chocs in! :D All absolutely beautifully labelled and in some gorgeous jars, which I will be re-using when the contents are gone! I will try and load a pic but a bit busy this morning.

I'm really glad I opened it actually as the jam could come in handy for the trifle I'm making for tomorrow -so THANK YOU SECRET SANTA! this is a great present and I really appreciate the work that went into it. I am intrigued by the 'mulled apricot' - another one for Plum's Secret Santa recipe thread, please!

:dance::dance::dance: Our postie left me a note written on one of my letters as he thought I may still be in bed and didn't want to wake me. :lol: It said Chicken shack I have left you parcel on the porch so not to wake you. :shh: Since I move I have misslayed my insrtucions on how to down load images so I have put an image on my Flickr site. Clicke the link below to veiw the not yet opened parcel. :lol::lol:

Thank you to my secret santa I am looking forward to opening it tomorrow. :D

A big thank you to Plum for organising all this and keeping a cool head while all around was madness. :D