Egluntyne

Kirstie Allsop's Handmade Britain

I've only watched the last one and didn't like it. She looked knackered and I wasn't keen on what she had made! There are a lot of crafters out there to whom crafting is their life - I think she was naive to think she might get placed at a show! I love making things - but no way are they up to show standard!

I have to agree - the stuff she made was good, I'd be pleasedto have made that card - but compared to the hours of embroidery that had gone into the others, it did look as if it had been run up in an afternoon, which it had. I really loved the sculpted bird, and yes I had thoughts of chickens, too! Where's the sellotape dispenser, I have lots of newspaper ... I daren't start another project at the moment, I have too many UFOs. :lol:

This is the first one of these I've watched, I got rather cheesed off with her last series where she 'learned' various skills and then left the professionals to finish the job and so I decided not to watch this. Having see the papercraft one today and seeing that she is actually doing all the crafts, I'm now hooked.

I have only seen part of her making the seagull (lovelovelove)and the end of the cakes one (her eclairs looked very delish) as I keep being interrupted grr I shall (try to) watch it tomorrow I think. From what I have seen she does look very tired. I saw an interview with her and she did say the cake one she was up all night before the comp baking etc which would explain it. I do think a lot is expected of her by the programme makers. I love her enthusiasm for crafty things and quite a lot I have though, now I'd like to try that! Possibly a bad idea. Don't want those UFO's breeding in the corner :lol::anxious:

Erm.......1st and Best in Show?? - I felt so uncomfortable for the others who had better exhibits :? - the word 'fix' sprang to mind.

It was nice but I don't think it was good enough for that.

That went across my mind as well. I loved the teacup and the little Yorkshire terrier was adorable!

It had charm but didn't show expert skills just a lot of experiences put together. The felted Yorkshire in a cup showed far more creativity and flare. The other contestants must have been miffed.

Rats! - did she cover needle felting last night? - I thought it was going to be all about sewing so didn't watch - I'll have to catch the re-run!

Sue

It had charm but didn't show expert skills just a lot of experiences put together. The felted Yorkshire in a cup showed far more creativity and flare. The other contestants must have been miffed.

Rats! - did she cover needle felting last night? - I thought it was going to be all about sewing so didn't watch - I'll have to catch the re-run!

Sue

There wasn't much on the needle felting (which I love and so want to try) tbh. But you'd need to watch it again, if only to see how cute the terrier was awww :D

I agree it was a 'FIX'!!!!!! It was a very pretty cushion but come on 'best in show' :?

I didn't even think it was that pretty! There were other more beautiful and complex exhibits in the background that they didn't focus on. I can only think that she won because she showed a range of stitches, which is what she was criticised for not doing on her greeting card last week.

On a different note, I loved the alpacas (would love some) and my cat Mia was fascinated by the kittens at the ad break and tried to search for them round the back of the telly.