I built one this morning it took me 20 minutes tops, and cost me £20 in materials.

3.5 Meters of chain between 3-5mm thick,

4 x Dee Shackles

2 x Ring Bolts

1 x Broom Handle

:)

I think there is something like a broomhandle in the shed and some spare lilac paint, not sure about the chains though. Another little project for hubby......

OH had a DIY rebellion. "Dee shackles? What the H*** are they?" :roll: Never mind, I'm gonna get me a chicky swing as the kindest of people has offered to make me one. I'm so excited. :dance: Can't wait to see my chooks enjoying themselves. They had a sandpit last Xmas so it's a swing for them this Xmas and next one they can have a climbing frame :D Who knows they may even get a C saw at some point . . . :think:

My chook swing is up now and I'm really chuffed with it, but I'm not sure my chickens are very adventurous. They keep all gathering together to have a wary look at it and occasionally one will push it to see how edible it is, but so far "Ooops, word censored!"ody will get on it. I think, perhaps, they are wary of things that move :roll: I can see a bit if human intervention may be necessary this weekend. :think:

I've had a couple of attempts at trying to "assist" them onto it.... they were not on impressed lol. But I have been thinking, the place we got our girls from, didn't have many perches, Out garden has stuff for them to perch on but it's part of other things, like the walls of the veg beds etc. They've been in an Eglu Classic (on the ground).

So really they've never bothered with "altitude" as it were, the Eglu Cube today was a new experience for them, they've got 'Down' sorted just about, and tomorrow we shall see if they've got 'Up' as well. But hopefully once they get used to the ladder, they might be more interested in the swing. :)

Would love to see a pic at some point CheekyChook :)