The Dogmother

Calling all those in the New Forest - dog stolen *UPDATE*

Unfortunately hairy lurchers are at a premium at the moment as a 'must have' pet quite apart from their coursing appeal :( Like you, I suspect that the theives are after a ransom as they will realise he is not very saleable once they see he is neutered.

Thank goodness he is microchipped as most societies will have a microchipp reader.

You probably know these various organisations but they might have heard something in the horrid case that he might have been bussed out of othe area.

Southern Lurcher Rescue

Celia Cross Greyhound Trust (They do lurchers too)

Evesham Greyhound & Lurcher Rescue

I also always have the central locking ON when I am in the car - old habit from living in London, but I heard not long ago of someone whose lurchers were stolen from their boot while the car was stationary at traffic lights. :shock::roll:

Still no news this morning; they are taking posters into local schools - children find it hard to keep quiet about secrets :wink: and the plan is to tour local 'dog testing sites' this weekend and get talking to some of the 'sorts' thereabouts in the hope that the offer of a reward will bring him back... no questions asked

A message just in from his mum:

Thank you so so so so much everyone for your thoughts and good wishes.

He's back home now, Willow was dancing and prancing and licking when she saw him. He went out and did a big wee, very strong. He dived straight into water bowl. He's had a meal and charged round the garden like a puppy.

He was being kept in an outdoor pen on concrete, with no bedding or heat in someone's back garden. He's even skinnier than before.

He's exhausted and going to have the fire lit for him to settle down in his favourite basket infront of it.

Will put more info later.

Some very happy humans and happy pooches this afternoon :D:D:D

Think his dog lost posters will be used as fire kindling :P

:D:D:D