Guest louisewomble

Well - I did it! Deposit put on puppy!

Best retain a veto vote on that name... whenever I've let Rosie name a pet we've had the daftest names.. it all starts innocently enough with things like Spot or Whitey, but we ended up with two rabbits called Cupcake and Hunny Bunny :roll: It gets interesting when they go to the vet for their boosters... the vet stick his head out of the door, looks at me and says 'hunny bunny?' :roll:

Oh indeed!!!

The chicken he named is called chirp!

His last hamster was Snuffles and the one before Cinnamon Snowball!

Nuff said!

This pup is going to be loved - but know it's place!

Couldn't agree more LW!! A well trained dog is a joy (and I hope mine will be).

If you have a Dogstrust nearby, they have a free dvd on how to train your dog. Each section is only a few minutes long, but covers, sit, down, stay, off, heel etc etc and is really good.

Milo is learning the no sofa rule now. He still asks, but after 1 or 2 'no's' he goes to his bed. :clap::clap:

Best retain a veto vote on that name... whenever I've let Rosie name a pet we've had the daftest names.. it all starts innocently enough with things like Spot or Whitey, but we ended up with two rabbits called Cupcake and Hunny Bunny :roll: It gets interesting when they go to the vet for their boosters... the vet stick his head out of the door, looks at me and says 'hunny bunny?' :roll:

Oh indeed!!!

The chicken he named is called chirp!

His last hamster was Snuffles and the one before Cinnamon Snowball!

Nuff said!

Lol! Our hammies are Cookie Dough, Angel Cake & Princess Topaz :whistle::whistle:

If you're getting bits and bobs, then you might want to invest in The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey; lots of breeders and trainers recommend it for first time owners.

I'd second this book, very handy when we got Cookie. :D

I'd also second the veto on the name. When we got our cat, who is now 13, ES wanted to call her Godzilla :shock: he was most put out when I said no. She's called Sophie instead :lol:

I am a great believer that a well trained dog is a happy dog!

No body would like an Irish Wolfhound (my other favourite - he'll have to wait for my lottery win as they need lots of room) to jump up and put his paws on their shoulders - so the same goes for a small dog! Likewise with barking and other habits etc etc. It's not cute - it's a badly trained dog!

So - i'm off now to buy my doggy handbag, bows, nail polish and ribbons and and and......

Because you carry little dogs don't you? ........well no! they have legs just the same and love using them!

Theres a lady in our village who pushes her dog in a pram to the field, then he has a toddle around, very slowly and then goes back in the pram to go home. He is 19 though!!!! and its sooo sweet that she still brings him and he still enjoys his little walk, although be it very slowly. George is quite devoted to him too and appears to slow his own behaviour down to match Tiggers....yes the old boy is called Tigger! :D

I think thats dedication and love on her part :D

Capture that moment - bet you can't wait to tell him.

Er - it was a joke about carrying it in a bag, wasn't it! :anxious: There are quite a few people around where I live who actually DO carry little dogs in bags ...

Oh yes Olly!!! Dogs have legs - and anyone dressing them up should be shot!

Theres a lady in our village who pushes her dog in a pram to the field, then he has a toddle around, very slowly and then goes back in the pram to go home. He is 19 though!!!! and its sooo sweet that she still brings him and he still enjoys his little walk, although be it very slowly. George is quite devoted to him too and appears to slow his own behaviour down to match Tiggers....yes the old boy is called Tigger! :D

I think thats dedication and love on her part :D

Ahhhhhhh what a nice tale! (or should that be tail?)

There's someone around here with a small dog which they carry on their front in a baby sling. It's not an old dog so I assume that it still has use of its legs. :?

It is actually very scary for a puppy to be carried all the time. Plus if they are higher than other dogs it instills an attitude of being higher up the pack and can make them aggressive to other dogs! - even if they are bigger!

Well - he's home!

Picked him up lunchtime and he was good all the way home! Licked my hand to bits!

He has been really good, very cute, has eaten his dinner and been played with by HArry and his friend!

I think he is going to be a lovely addition to the family!

He is not so keen on the snow though!

I can see i'm not going to get a lot done over the next few days.......what a distraction!