legend21

what is my cockerel

He is GORGEOUS :shock:8)

I don't know what breed he is though

Edit: How old is he and what are the girls doing to show they 'hate' him? It should settle down like with normal intros. My girls were adults and the cockerels were with them growing up from about 10 weeks. In my situation there were big arguments when the cockerels discovered themselves and wanted to be dominant, as the girls (especially Lily) were used to bossing them around and weren't keen on the idea of having it the other way around (blood was spilt at one point :(). It did settle down eventually though :)

Edited by Guest

he is apparently a few months old, one girl stands up to him and then they all join in, he is giving it back but cant possibly handle all seven of them, the girls all went to bed and he was left out, hubby picked him up and put him in cube but the boss put him back out as he did try to cuddle up :( anyway went back down to check and he is back in cube but in a wee corner on his own being eyed up by the boss and cluck clucked by the other 6 who are all in the nesting box lol

He looks like a cross breed to me - a sort of mix of dotte comb/front body, serama/dutch type tail and pekin or poot foot feathers, which I admit doesn't sound very likely :D Definitely not an orpington anyway.

Depending on how old he actually is, and how big, putting him in a separate house with a harem of smaller girls could be a good idea. It may be that he is just too young for an experienced pack of girls, given his size.

Well iwas down at the run at 6.55 this morning i never slept all night worrying when i got there, he was at one end of the run on his own the the 7 girls were in a group very obviously talking about him when he saw me he let out a cock a doodle, have been given them all treats but i think the girls are keeping him away from the feed so have put a wee feeder at the top end of the run, hopefully by end of next week they are all pals :D