WitchHazel

price for 20kg marriages with flubenvet? £18.50 delivered

Hi

Has anyone bought these direct from Marriages recently? If so, what was the price for 20kg delivered.

I can't seem to find the price on the website. I don't want to phone, as I know I'll end up buying them if I do that, whatever the cost. (I have sent an email enquiry but don't expectto hear back until Monday).

I've checked the price at the SPR centre, which would be my other option.

Thanks for any help you can give

Hazel

UPDATED 19th MARCH: Finally got round to ordering some (had been debating when to actually use it). Much cheaper than I expected, £18.50 including VAT and delivery.

Edited by Guest

I know you've asked about direct but for me it's always been cheaper buying from SPR including delivery.

Oh, that's good to know, thank you.

I'll give them until Monday to reply. I fhtey don't get back to me, I'll just go ahead and order from SPR then.

Thanks again.

I usually order the 10kg bag directly from Marriages (I just call up for the price), but last time I decided to order it from SPR - no real problem with the ordering, nor the price, but the bag which arrived had a use by date of only 2 weeks after delivery... compared with Marriages, which is usually 3 month... I wasn't impressed and shan't order from them again.

I bought a sack at my feedmill a couple of weeks ago. I opened it yesterday and noticed that although the sell-by is 2014, the use by (in terms of the vitamins being OK and not starting to degrade) is 30/04/12 :shock: The pellets also seem a little bit 'damp', at least they are sticking together. I don't know if this a storage problem or a manufacturing problem. Anyway, the very short use-by date surprised me.

I have 8 girls GNR, a cock, 2 (duck) and drake = 12 mouths. Sunday I mixed up 10kg of layers with flubenvent something I should have done a few months ago. :roll: It is a bit of a chore in the winter. Seeing this thread I thought that when I run out of flubenvent I will buy the Marriages mix but with all the problems Omleteers are having with it perhaps not. Please everyone keep us updated. How often should I worm :?::D

It really is so much easier to mix your own... If i know how much feed our hens are going to eat in a week - (say 2 kgs) I measure out how much flubenvet I need for that amount into lots of little packets of kitchen foil... so in one go whilst i have the scales out etc I may measure out 4 lots of wormer... When it is worming time - measure out your feed into a bucket add a few drops of vegetable oil and then add a packet of wormer that you have previously measured out - all easy - its fresh and no hassle.

Hope this helps - Flubenvet is readily available online without any need for prescription.

(in fairness we have lots of birds so I actually measure out lots of packets suitable for 20kgs of feed but it really does only take a few minutes and then you are set up for the year.)

I have 8 girls GNR, a cock, 2 (duck) and drake = 12 mouths. Sunday I mixed up 10kg of layers with flubenvent something I should have done a few months ago. :roll: It is a bit of a chore in the winter. Seeing this thread I thought that when I run out of flubenvent I will buy the Marriages mix but with all the problems Omleteers are having with it perhaps not. Please everyone keep us updated. How often should I worm :?::D

I've used the pre done pellets 3 or 4 times now and not had any problems. Ordered from SPR each time and will be doing another order shortly with them.

Just to clarify my post, I've been out to double check. Its the Feed Certificate Number which expires sometime in 2014. The feed was packed on 08/02/12 and is use by 08/04/12 - ie just 2 months before the vitamins degrade :shock: I am able to compare it with my out of date previous sack and the individual pellets are larger (I notice these things with small bantams) and definitely stickier, but that maybe the coating degrading or something. Although I am going to take the sack back tomorrow, I have too many doubts about it.

I have always premixed my own flubenvet in with pellets until last year, but I do find the premixed approach much better (until now) because I am certain they've all eaten enough flub. Before I was never certain.