The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

It rained here for 24 hours and we then had a dry couple of hours but it is drizzling again now, my new girls are wading around in mud and they are filthy, 2 of them are white and look very grubby, I am hoping that OH is going to pick up a few bags of woodchips to go in their run on his way home. :(

Serious amount of wind here overnight and this morning, luckily the rain has not been too bad.

Found my Cornus contraversa variegata ripped out of the ground :( , it was only five foot tall (although I've been growing it for years) and sheltered by the house so I was very surprised - it was quite an expensive tree when we bought it so I think we are going to have a go at putting it back but I suspect it will be a lost cause :cry: .

Blustery but quite mild here this afternoon, looks very threatening now though. I have spent the afternoon in the greenhouse sorting out the tomatoes, getting rid of old leaves and cutting them back to encourage the rest of the fruit to ripen, there was a shower whilst i was in there, but it dried up again so I did a bit of clipping in the garden too, I am lethal with a pair of secateurs (sp) :lol: