The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

It has been really lovely today but the sky is darkening; the fair is in town fro the next couple of days, it was washed out last year... might be in for a repeat. Rosie is miffed because her friends usually go to the fair on the Friday as there are cheap rides, but they are going on Thursday this time and she's booked to babysit that night :?

The weekend was lovely, warm and dry. Got loads done outside, mowing, shifting heaps of stone, cutting back...

It's been dank and mizzly ever since. Still mild enough to be wearing a t shirt (although that might be a menopausal thing :oops: ) but so dull and grey.

Going to try and clean out the greenhouse later and get all my tender plants in- seeing as the cold stuff is meant to be on it's way. Quite excited at the prospect of some cold weather! :shock:

A very windy night - no frost, but there are ice crystals in the hanging baskets and some of the plant pots, which leads me to conclude that it must have actually snowed a tiny bit during the night. :shock: It doesn't feel too cold here but then I'm about to go out so I'm well wrapped up.

Had ice on car yesterday morning which was a shock as I thought it was just dew. Lovely sunny day for most of it as well although biting wind.

Far more ice on car this morning and it was much colder. Thermals and layers needed for golfing this morning but it has been glorious and I've needed my sunnies on nearly all day. Biting wind though again.