The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

The wind has abated somewhat here to, it's no longer thudding against the house and whistling down the chimneys. The rain is another matter though and is thudding on the flat roof at the back. Next-door-but-one has scaffolding at the front of the house..... strangely, no-one has parked in front of their place :doh:

I have battened down everything that could move in the garden and just hope that it will hold.

it's like Noah's blooming Ark here :roll:

Aha, DM, the reason the wind has quietened down is because you sent it to me here. It is bloooooowing and raining lots outside. I have shut the girls in tonight, don't want to worry their little brains about the nasty wind any more than necessary. Apparently we are due thunder and lightening around midnight.

Belting down here most of the day - all low lying farmland roundabout flooded and the house feels damp even with the heating on. Winds forecast for tomorrow - doom, gloom and despondancy :(

No nice dry, crunchy leaves for the boys (or me!) to kick through :eh:

Sunshine soon please, even if its cold with it!

I am sorry to hear that; I'd heard that the SW coast had been badly hit.

Cold here now and starting to rain again. Just heard that The Cherwell has breached again higher up the river on the other side of town and is higher than it was the other day. I drove out to a friend's today and the floods nearly reached across the road; single file traffic and driving slowly. The fields on both sides were very deep under water. Any more significant rain tonight and it will be bad news.

Edited by Guest

It is cold and dull here today, my son went on a geography field trip to Slapton Devon yesterday morning, we were very unsure about letting him go with the forecast for last night, but he is ok but did get soaked yesterday afternoon.

They are talking about possibility of snow by the weekend :roll:

The Avon is even higher this morning with the footbridge alongside the second river crossing into town completely submerged, luckily, the road is a couple of metres higher......I didn't dare go over the main river crossing which is a very old bridge. The Avon isn't due to peak until tomorrow!

A couple of miles away from us, Sunrising Hill is closed due to a landslip - you might need to check on Saturday if you're coming to the market Clare.

We're so fed up with having to pump dirty water away from the house now.....and it's still raining!. Our half dozen sheep are OK, they're in a small paddock and the big barn which is dry - the hens are paddling in mud.

Had to read that a couple of times before a little laugh escaped :wink:

We covered our hen run with a long piece of corrugated clear plastic which has helped with the standing water in there, but there are 2 'white' hens in the Eglu run, they are not looking their best.

It is cold and drizzly and very dark here this morning, I want to hibernate. :(