The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

Rain started for us on Sunday night and didn't stop really until Wednesday. Also had bitter winds on and off. Sun came out today for a while and the chickens sunbathed. I know we've been lucky as other local places have flooded and a river burst it's bank.

Has anyone read the daily express and the artic weather warning ????? sky weather says very very cold towards next week end....surley Not ! We can't be going to have 4/5c temps next week it is far too early.....we haven't stopped raining yet, had showers today and rain due all day tomorrow.....went to Sheffield to get away from it.

It was beautiful this morning when we were driving down M5 to take ED to Bristol uni, and it was also lovely this afternoon when we cleared out the young girl's' run and replaced the woodchips and watched the only flying Vulcan bomber doing a flypast at our local small airport. :D

ED will be ok if it is cold because she has taken about 10 woolly vintage jumpers with her. she is obsessed with jumpers :lol:

I am so jealous that you saw the Vulcan; they have a special place in my heart.

I met Phil at Stoke Bruerne today (not for long though as he can't leave his folks for long) it was lovely in the sun but very nippy in the shade with a strong wind. was treated to a great aerobatics display by two Spitfires and a wonderful time at their 'Village at War' day.