The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

15 degrees and feels quite chilly. Have sneakily put on the heating as DD and myself were feeling very cold this morning. Dull and cloudy today, although the sun has sneaked through now and again. Strange as the other day was reading 15 degrees but it was sunny and it actually felt warmer! Perhaps its just seeing the sun that makes you feel that way? I gather we are supposed to get some rain tomorrow.

Sun trying to break through the cloud (sky looks rather yellow there) but they have said it's supposed to rain here today. Definitely chilly this morning. DD a happier bunny as she was warmer last night and this morning when she came out the shower. I have put the heating on. Just a little while yesterday afternoon was enough to heat it up for the evening, and it was on while ablutions were done so no cold draughts on ickle girly running around with wet hair and a towel wrapped round her bod.

OH was cut off in his prime when he attempted to voice his opinion. Democracy for once actually ruled. :lol:

3 deg here at 6am but no frost, absolutely lovely though.

Chilly this morning but it's turned into a lovely warm day :D

OH has just informed me that he's seen a forecast for heavy snow in October- hope he's wrong! :shock:

Was he looking at last year's forecasts in error? They predicted snow in October, but this year is supposed to have temperatures close to normal.

Edited by Guest

It has rained nearly all day :( Not often I use an umbrella when nipping out into the garden but it's bucketing down and I'd be soaked through otherwise. Ho hum. If it continues I'll be moving the guinea pigs off the grass and onto the patio otherwise they'll be wading in their run :( Can guinea pigs swim?! :wink:

No, and they can't tolerate damp either. I always used to move mine into my folks' summerhouse around this time of the year.

Been raining solidly since Sunday lunchtime, yesterday was very blowy too, so pretty vile but much less windy today. 10deg and bucketing when I got up at 6am, it stopped for a while but has started again and is really quite dark for this time of the day.

Tis bucketing it down here in Ox, fortunately though I haven't had to wade through the rain t work as I am working from home today, wed & Friday as we are FINALLY getting our heating fixed (just in time I think). Am day dreaming about being able to have a bath again, although at the moment boiler man seems to be fighting with the old radiators & cause the system is being drained the door is wide open. Brrrrrr

Vikki