Saronne

Confession time: Christmas dec STILL up!

Oh dear, I've been a bit busy and psychologically, I wanted the holiday to last a bit longer. Anyway, in places like Greece and other Orthodox Christian areas of the world, Christmas was on the 6th! (that's my excuse). I will take them down tonight, I think. Anyone else going to own up to still having Christmass decs up? :oops:

Saronne

I took the tree down last night the lights in the front window and on the front door stay up as it's easier than having to put them up every year. the Cristmas cards will stay up untill I get fed up of them or untill my Birthday in July

Mine are all on the dinning room table but the kids still have mini trees in thier bedrooms (all bought cheap yrs ago in the sale ) Lydias (10) room resembles a civic dump so cant physically get to hers, Alex (7) no excuse for his being up as his room is tidy but Harvey (3) is not amused that Christmas has gone and guarding his tree he is a light sleeper so cant get it down in the night that may well just stay up for the year :lol: Someone told me it was bad luck to keep them up after the date they are meant to come down (not that I really give a hoot) but if its the kids trees that are up does that mean they get the bad luck ???

As for the cards we still have one up from Christmas 2011 but it was made by Alex the rest are down waitig to be recycled into tags I had man flu yesterday evening from 7pm - 10 pm (enough time for hubby to deal with kiddlings and make our tea :shh: )

We've had a gold bird hanging off the wall for three years that is supposed to be a Christmas decoration but we never quite got around to taking it down. And a little wood tree decoration that eldest Bogwoppit made that survived two years hanging off a door frame....

We always have white fairy lights up in the kitchen for a soft light option and on the feature wall in the lounge. You need a bit of pretty light at this time of year. We have just changed the kitchen 240v set which had got grubby and a few bulbs had gone , for the low voltage LED set that were on the tree this year, they are much brighter and a bit cold and there are enough of them to light the kitchen on their own. :shock:

I usually miss something decoration wise, but this year I think *touchwood* I managed to get them all :) I do still have a string of lights around the mirror in the living room and above the hob in the kitchen as I like pretty lights for pottering about making cups of tea without the need for the big lights.

Why is it that however hard you try, when you finally lug the tree out of the kitchen there is always ONE bauble left glinting somewhere?

I took them all down on Sunday ... and then realised yesterday that the Nativity set is still out!

Olly - I feel your pain - I am sure my nativity set has a mind of its own - I did post on here about it going AWOL when we moved. I reckon Joseph said to Mary and co "stuff this - I am not spending another Christmas under that bloomin great telly - enough problems getting a baby to sleep without Corrie blaring out " . they are having a sit in. :lol:

Hurray ! Thank you everyone. Looks like I'm not so odd afterall! Started to take them down last night as planned, but got distracted by marmalade making which took much longer than I anticipated. The result? 8 jars of lovely marmalade - and baubles taken off tree - but tree still standing. :oops: The madness continues... :lol:

The weekend after New Year's is usually my deadline to get the decorations down, although this year, I really didn't want to take them down. It was especially difficult to get them up this year. My OH insisted that Christmas decorations be stored in the attic and promised he would get them down and then put them back away. Well, he hasn't been following through on that for the last few years. Last spring, I had a hurricane strengthening project done on our house. That involved a lot of work in the attic and the decorations got all shifted around behind construction materials. My husband only brought down the boxes that were convenient and ignored things I really needed- like, oh, the tree ornaments! To top it off, some new outdoor lights had been cut by vandals last year and I had to fix them because he wouldn't. After the holiday was over and stress levels down, I sort of just wanted to enjoy the decorations I had put so much effort into! I insisted they not go back up in the attic and cleaned out the garage to make room for them so it'll be easier to get them out next year!