redsunset

This morehens disease again

Esp when so long since you've used it, that it wants you to sign in and you can't rem if you've written the password down.......doh :doh:

I feel your pain!

Have had to request a new password for the third time in the past two weeks of my uni... Have finally given in and written it down... :wall:

ok soo i am thinking that maybe i would like to add another hen into our mix especially if the white orpington continues not to lay. I wonder though if i could add a hen to exsisting set up i have a cube with run and a 1 meter extension would this be ok for another hen too. I like the idea of still being able to move around the set up which i do every week.

Thoughts would be appreicated.

ok soo i am thinking that maybe i would like to add another hen into our mix especially if the white orpington continues not to lay. I wonder though if i could add a hen to exsisting set up i have a cube with run and a 1 meter extension would this be ok for another hen too. I like the idea of still being able to move around the set up which i do every week.

Thoughts would be appreicated.

You always need to add 2 hens (or more) to an existing flock.

Adding just one makes it difficult as it is more likely to get picked on.

Hello, long time no scribble!

Hope everyone's chooks are doing well and surviving what has been a pretty mild winter so far? All the chooks are well up here, from the big fowl to my five little banties (which I adore and not too muddy this winter for them.....yet!) Today I found the first broody of the year sat in coop on clutch of eggs.....well I'll have to disappoint her as far to early for this nonsense as too cold!

Hello, how is everyone? Not been on here for yonks! Life gets busy....

Still have 'morehens' as in far to many but waayy less than I used to ! Got a bit carried away and would listen to no one lol. Sold about 12 recently (all lovely pure breed hand reared to just across the valley from me plus a coop) as so need to downsize to a sensible number in my little 1/4 acre garden as not fair on them and the 12 went to a huge lush grassy acre that I can barely see across the valley, so fab new home with visiting rights :)

Am down to about 32 now which is still a lot, but keeping the rest as some old girls living out their retirement and some middle aged and a few youngsters. Took my wee leopard print thuringian in last week as saw her with sticky closed eyes hunched under a cherry tree, cat box, wee bit deneguard biotics and thought she'd had it. After 48 hours bit of corn and washed her wee face. Next day, bright eyed wanting out......been fine ever since :) so pleased as she's like a wee toy and so pretty.

Sold my brinsea incys as decided no more hatching much as I loved it, I don't have the ground. Had total fun with them and will miss the wee faces behind the plastic but had to be sensible (for once lol!!)

Thanks luvachicken! All good here. Am being vigilant re broody ladies as have at least five! Four cross brahma in big shed and one old slw Wyandotte under the willows next to netted fence.....where she thinks I can't see Her? Ha! Took dogs to. Alert me as so well hidden. I'd love babies but as on downsize mode I just have to let the ladies down much to their disgust. Feel so bad but...... :roll::roll: