Have just found out that one of my cats who has been missing for two days has been hit by a car and killed. A local vet contacted me as a member of staff had found him and scanned him and found his microchip. I guess at least I know what happened to him. :cry:

I'm really sorry about the loss of your cat. Our cat Jake was killed the same way, & we managed to get him back from the vets to bury him. It was nearly 11 years ago now, & I still get upset on his anniversary. I don't know what else to say.

Iam so sorry to hear that, one of our old cats went missing and we never found her again, i still wonder now what happend, did she get ran over? has someone stollen her? Did someone find her? Or did she just get lost?

At least you know what happend to your poor cat.

iam so sorry

:cry::cry::cry:

oh you poor thing. that is such sad news. I lost my baby at Christmas (kidney failure) and still cry. This just proves how important microchipping is. We have buried Phoebe under a special tree that we bought and we talk to her every day (I know I sound like a nutter) but it is nice to have something physical to remind us of her. The good news is the chooks don't like this shrub - by good fortune, rather than knowledge - it is an ornamental almond tree. Maybe something like that will be right for you.

Really big hugs xxx

So sorry to hear about your cat :cry: I know how upset I was last year when one of ours got heatstroke (silly thing is long-haired and lay in the sun all day - no chance of that this year!) so I dread to think how I will be when the day eventually comes...

As you say though, at least the chip meant that you know what happened to him. Which is one of the reasons I will always bang on about how important it is to get you cat/dog chipped (plus a whole host of other reasons)

Rob

so sorry :cry: It's good that you know what happened ... but it's a horrible way to find out.

It's awful, and non-pet-owning people don't always appreciate what a big impact it has on your life. Be assured you will get lots of support and sympathy on here.

You say 'one of ...' so I am assuming you have at least one other cat, I hope he/she is not pining too much. In my experience having another one around the house does help a bit, but it's still very sad. Very sorry for you.

oh you poor thing. that is such sad news. I lost my baby at Christmas (kidney failure) and still cry. This just proves how important microchipping is. We have buried Phoebe under a special tree that we bought and we talk to her every day (I know I sound like a nutter) but it is nice to have something physical to remind us of her. The good news is the chooks don't like this shrub - by good fortune, rather than knowledge - it is an ornamental almond tree. Maybe something like that will be right for you.

Really big hugs xxx

I found it quite hard to move house, as we left Jake buried there.

So sorry to hear your news. I lost one of my cats on the operating table about 3 years ago and buried her in the garden with a sleeping stone cat on top. I then planted a Mock Orange bush with her and every time it blooms I think of her. Losing any pet is always hard, but thank goodness you know what happened. My thoughts are with you.

KeymerKim

xx