Egluntyne

Strictly 2013

Natalie is clearly an excellent dancer but it really doesn't seem fair that she has previous experience, how can you compare her against someone who has never danced before in their life? The whole point is that it is a competition for complete non-dancers.

Mark and Iveta's dance was the most entertaining of the night for me, although not technically the best. If I had to choose a dance I thought was best, then I'd have to say Natalie and Artem, but as I said above it's hardly comparing like with like...

I agree Eggers, although they do say that she was on painkillers, but that doesn't really account for it. I have a disc which occasionally prolapses and I can assure you that it is agony.

The researchers who invite the contestants onto the show will no doubt have known about her previous experience and the sceptic in me thinks that they included her to boost ratings and get PR on the back of the ensuing controversy. Shame for Artem though as they get paid per episode, so staying in will mean that he earns more.

Absolutely loved Sophie's foxtrot - she really acted and looked as if she came from that era. Also enjoyed Abby's tango and Mark's cha cha cha was an absolute hoot! I just had a smile on my face all the way through it. :D

Not sure what happened to poor Deborah, she just didn't look comfortable from the start, I'm not sure that the footwear would have helped or the fact that she had the tighter skirt on underneath. Such a shame. Hopefully she will be back on form next week. I really didn't like Fiona's rhumba, for an actress she didn't seem to act the fact that its supposed to be a love dance. It seemed too fast for me too. I also thought that Susannah was a little bit too frantic. I didn't like her makeup or costume (or Rachel's either - it was hideous). :?

Very odd that she stayed in; I can't pretend that I like Julien, but he was the better dancer (and more improved) than Rachel, who gallumphed around like a carthorse.

Yes I agree - I don't mind Julien too much but I do realise he's a bit like Marmite (like Dave Myers, who really does get up my nose!) but I think he did the better performance in the dance off.

I guess the judges just preferred Rachel overall and thought she had more potential, although I'm not sure that's how it's supposed to work.

I had to look up Mark and Iveta's dance on iPlayer last night so I could watch it again. It really is just pure joy! :lol:

Dave really should have gone, his inability to see how bad he is is quite irritating.

I suspect he knows!! I also suspect he will stay in a bit longer yet....! He does appear to work very hard from what they say, and must have a big fan base.

Glad Julien went. Think Rachel certainly has more potential - although for how long she will stay in I am not sure.

Neither of them appear to have any sense of rhythm or musicality do they?

I'm glad Fiona did better this week - when she does it right she is quite good, but when she panics she is dreadful!

I'd like to see Sophie Ellis-Bexter do more as well - I'm sure she's capable, but she seems too laid back. She needs to pep it up a bit like she did for the charleston.