Egluntyne

Strictly 2013

I think Marks dance was badly choreographed he did't have much in the line of movement given to him. It was his worse dance to date. Yet with Dave it was his best dance. Overall Dave has danced worsed over the weeks.

Usually they pick the best on the night. Glad they picked Dave. Even though Marks was the worsed.

Wow Susanna & Kevin's paso was just fantastic. I loved the fact that it was a 'proper' paso and it was danced so well, they both put so much character and feeling into the dance. It was definitely the dance of the night for me. I didn't think that Natalie's charleston was as good as Sophie's though even though the judges scored it higher.

The Charleston is harder to mark (or should be?) in that there isn't a clear/formalised grading structure. I agree that it wasn't exceptional though, some sympathy grading going on there.

I didn't understand Mark's high points at all. The jive should be on the ball of the foot and he was flat footed as far as I could see throughout. Plus there was pretty much no difficulty in what he did.

This week I was mostly impressed by Abbey who I haven't liked one little bit. She did a challenging quickstep with some serious technique that wasn't executed badly at all - massive improvement

Agree with all of this - Susannah's paso was by far my favourite dance of the night, partly because it was lovely to see a 'proper' paso and not a gimmicky dance (Ola and Ashley's cowboy paso did nothing for me) but mainly because it was beautifully danced and just so dramatic... Lovely to see Kevin stamping around a proper matador!

I am another one who was underwhelmed by Natalie's charleston, in fact I turned to hubby and said, 'Well that was okay, but not brilliant', then I was somewhat bemused by the high score!

Abbey and Sophie both did beautiful dances this week too. The standard is getting really high now :D

Another one who loved Susannah but just didn't "get" Natalie. I didn't enjoy her dance at all - was amazed by the high marks. Susannah's paso though was a joy to watch.

Mark to go next week I think, depending on what he can achieve. He's good fun, but got to the stage in the competition where the "jokers" are usually gone.

What was wrong with Bruce? He seemed to have completely lost the plot :?

Some superb dances tonight, but a couple didn't dance as well as they have in previous episodes. Sophie's dance was truly lovely, but cold and she obviously finds it hard to fake passion for Brendan. Natalie looked lovely in that dress and danced well to a poor choice of music, I thought. Duck Face.... sorry, Abby danced well, but again has problems emoting, perhaps it's the Botox? Why on earth was Ashley stroking Ola's dress like that while they spoke to Tess? It was very distracting.

Not enamoured tonight, but perhaps it's just me :anxious: