Egluntyne

Strictly 2013

I missed Friday's show, but watched last night's and loved it. I think it's going to be a great year! I actually didn't mind Julien too much, but Dave Myers really made me shudder, I watched peeping out from behind a cushion I was cringing so much..... Although it was actually compulsive watching him dance so badly. I don't think I'll warm easily to Abby, I was slightly annoyed she was so good :lol:

Didn't think that last night's dances were as good as Fridays but I really enjoyed Patrick and Abby. Julian is just sooooo annoying. Is he on something do you think? Can you imagine if he was like that all the time. I don't think I could stand to be around him.

I hope Vanessa is not like some of the past dancers who thought they were better than they actually were. She seemed most put out to receive some negative comments but her dancing was pretty wooden. I thought poor Deborah seemed like Robin was dragging her around the dance floor which is a shame as on the last bit of the training clip she looked pretty good.

I think Abby Clancy will be the one this year who the judges favour but the public don't vote for. There always seems to be one who is a really good dancer but just doesn't gel with the voters.

Don't know anything about her except she is married to Peter Crouch but she seems to be a bit personality challenged :lol:

The judges will be lamenting later when they keep her in time after time - "this is dancing competition not a personality contest". Sorry, but it is both

Dave Myers made me laugh so much but in a really good way as he was obviously enjoying himself and at the same time trying to do it right. Loved him

Still think Tony Jacklin will be first out - didn't like his comment in the Radio TImes when he was asked why he was doing Strictly - he said "my agent told me I needed to increase my public profile so I should take part". Would have been better to say something like "I've always wanted to learn to dance" like everyone else said

Still think Tony Jacklin will be first out - didn't like his comment in the Radio TImes when he was asked why he was doing Strictly - he said "my agent told me I needed to increase my public profile so I should take part". Would have been better to say something like "I've always wanted to learn to dance" like everyone else said

Really? What a plonker!

Finally managed to catch both programmes on iplayer; What has Tess done to her face? She seems to have got new cheeks from the same shop as Kristina, and they make her eyes look tiny. What a shame. :(

A couple of good dances from the newsreader (sorry, don't know many names) who was also really nice; Abby Clancy surprised me by being likeable and a good dancer, but I'm a bit worried about her inability to show emotion on her face, that might count against her in some dances. The fat biker bloke was very funny, but a hopeless dancer, reminds me of Russell Grant. Vanessa Feltz obviously enjoyed herself, but hasn't an iota of natural rhythm. Patrick was as gorgeous as I'd expected, a really nice bloke, and surprisingly good mover.

Tony Jacklin is obviously disinterested, and Ben Cohen is a bit big and ungainly. Both must struggle with their deafness though.

What the heck is Julien on? I'd be so tempted to slap him hard if I was his partner.

Other good and bad ones, but those stood out for me.

Didn't care for her sulking at all last night.

Nor us...don't care how well she dances, change the attitude or leave, love.... :shameonu:

Thought that Sophie Ellis Bexter danced very well (but don't really like her either)

So many very good dancers it's going to be a tough competition....

As a lady of a certain age, I'd rather like Fiona to do well....she looks great for her age doesn't she?