Egluntyne

Strictly 2013

After seeing the group dance I think Tony Jacklin will be first to leave. Not in good shape at all - I looked his age up and he is 69 - thought he looked a good 10 years older than that.

Don't know that many of them but I am sure we will find out things we never thought we wanted to know about them as the show goes on!

Rather like the rugby player :oops:

Ben Cohen is an all-round good guy - not only is he rather pleasing to look at :wink: but he's done a lot of work on anti-bullying campaigns. Did you know he's also clinically deaf - less than 30% hearing? He's a great role model for young men.

Rugby players often seem to do well on Strictly, agile and light on their feet. I reckon he's a stayer! I think he's my pick for a finalist.

Deborah Meadon looks interesting. I like Vanessa Feltz but I think she's going to end up shouting at Craig.

What did you all think of the opener?

Pretty good start, standard looks good :D I am going to be rooting for Suzanna, jive first week :shock: she did herself proud :D

I am lacking enthusiastic watching buddies though, hubby drifts in and out and YD wasn't interested just came in for the last dance. Miss my ED at times like this. :( hopefully she will be back tomorrow for the next show, but probably not again for several weeks.

I'm here :D Was a great start last night. This lot are going to be a treat to watch not only skills but such good attitude.

I really liked Tony Jacklin, he was so disappointed at some comments but they were constructive not personal. I hope the judges keep it that way this year.

Chicken soup to the eyes :lol:

i have to say I dont know half the names this time.Mark Benson was good - good to see another er "larger" person good on the dance floor. sorry not very tactful - I suspect the wt will drop off him. (Wish my OH could do strictly but hes not famous and is fighting a large tum too. ) thought Natalie, Suzanne and Sophie were good. Had to laugh at Sophies mom blubing in the audience.