Egluntyne

Strictly 2013

Really not enjoying this series as much as others...there is always the popularity vote which is irritating, but....unless Natalie goes it's a foregone conclusion as to the winner which is spoiling it for me...I was very sorry to see Rachel to go tonight, but can't blame Dave...he's not responsible for the structure of the programme no matter how bad he is at dancing.......

Time for a rethink BBC?

..unless Natalie goes it's a foregone conclusion as to the winner which is spoiling it for me...but can't blame Dave...he's not responsible for the structure of the programme no matter how bad he is at dancing.......

. Dave did look guilty

Natalie is in a league of her own. I believe she should not be in the show. Such an unfair advantage with her dancing skills from the past.

I think the BBC doesn't know what the show is any more

Is it a dancing show?

Or is it general 'light entertainment'

Personally, I've been irritated by the segments where the dancers did 'ghoulish deeds' in Halloween week or showed them at home and so on in between the performances - to me it all smacks of 'x factor' type programme-making.

If it was about dancing Dave wouldn't be there, but it would seem to have met an aim of widening its appeal perhaps?

it's a 'light entertainment' show and always has been if it were a pure dance show it'd be on at stupid o'clock at night not prime time Saturday evening as the viewing numbers would be through the floor. and through not 100% rigged the TV companies now how to pitch these sort of programs to the 'limited' voting demographics for that time slot and program type and TV channel sorry ladies your not going to like this bit but the main voting demographics are female.

you'll find to that the voting habits change when you get down to the Quarter finals or the week or 2 before them that's when it starts to be seen as a competition by the voters and as long as the editors of the program don't upset the voters to much the producers will more or less get the winner they hoped for

I don't think Natalie will win. She is by far the best dancer due to her training so even if she gets no public votes at all and she is in the bottom 2 every week until the final the judges will have to save her (have to save best dancer which will always be her)

However, when she gets to the final she will be first out (I hope) as I don't think she will get the public vote and the judges will have no say. BBC made a big mistake booking her for the competition. She was asked a question on the radio by Patrick Kielty about her dance experience and she fudged an answer by saying that her training had no relevance to these dances as she hadn't done them before. Sorry, she has the dancer's grace and body shaping, arm placement, suppleness etc etc etc.

I learn jazz dance and tap - I am in my 50's and have only been learning for 2 years. I am in no way a "dancer" (if you saw me you would realise this) but I would have a great advantage over a novice as I would have done a lot of the steps before and if you told me to do a pa de bourree for instance I could do it without having to have a demonstration and learn the step. Natalie's professional partner would just have to reel off the steps and she would instinctively do them.

It's a shame we can't vote for who we want to leave rather than for who we want to stay.

Really enjoyed Dave for the first few weeks but time to go now. I also think the show isn't just a dance show as the best dancer doesn't always win but the best combination of personality/progress/effort/ability.

One bit of good news - Bruce has next week off :clap:

At that time on a Saturday it is a family show,and my kids love the Halloween special with all the ghostie stuff.they were most disappointed at the lack of Halloween music.Although I think Hairy Biker shoUld have gone weeks ago I do feel sorry for him,he looked so embarrassed to be put through ahead of Abbie and Rachel

Is it me or are the dance professional routines and the costumes becoming more Hot Gossip than ballroom? :?

Having said that, I really enjoyed the Time warp dance and some of the celeb dances were very watchable - loved Patrick's, Ben's and Natalie's. Not a fan of Abby, although she and Rachel really shouldn't have been in the dance off.

Dave dance was awful and Mark's dance was lacking in choreography . He seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time sitting down. Didn't like Abby's charleston and thought I'd watched a different one to the judges. And why does she have to keep twitching all the time? She's a model you would think she should be used to the camera. Loved Ashley's quickstep and Susannah's Waltz and want her frock!

Ashley and Susannah were my favourites tonight too.

Dave... Well, words fail me :roll:

I don't think Mark's rumba was great (the outfit certainly didn't help) but I also think the rumba is very difficult for men to pull off - it always seems to me to be a series of stretches and poses (although I'm sure there is more to it than that!). I'd like to see him back next week with a dance he can really get stuck into.

I am surprised to say that I think I agree with Len :shock: . Although Mark is a much better dancer overall than Dave I felt his dance this week was awful, although i think it was mostly due to the choreography. In the dance-off I actually thought Dave was better :eh: , but it was the right thing to do to vote him off - they might never have got another chance :lol: .