Egluntyne

Strictly 2013

Isn't it funny - I didn't enjoy Sophie's paso at all. I felt as if her arms kept getting in the way of her dancing. Susanna danced better in her foxtrot but she still irritates me. She's also everywhere you look at the moment, newspapers, magazines and television!

Patrick had a bit of an indifferent night but I did enjoy his waltz although that was probably due to liking the song. Natalie danced well but again there is no feeling or connection between her and Artem. I should have had goosebumps from their AT but I didn't.

I really enjoyed Abbey's dancing last night but she drives me crazy with her fidgeting! I did vote for her last night. For me she has had a 'journey' and I think she has a great relationship with Alizaj (no idea how to spell his name)! She does some wonderful lines.

I really missed Claudia in the tesspit last night and I really think Bruce should think about this being his last year.

Sorry rant ahead you may want to stop reading and move on to the next post. I just need to get something off my chest I had forgotten until I watched strictly tonight how much I dislike the show dance. I find watching a woman being thrown around like a rag doll uncomfortable viewing to say the least. It s a circus act and degrading and I don't understand why it's included in a dance show . .... And breathe. That's better thank you

I didn't see the results show tonight, but did they invite back the show dance champions who seem to have performed on Strictly for the last few years? If so, that kind of show dance does absolutely nothing for me either.

Thankfully, not many of the couples seem to do that kind of show dance. The one that always sticks in my mind is Tom Chambers and Camilla Dallerup - their show dance was an absolute joy :D

I can't stand that type of showdance either whereas OH enjoyed it. Surely to be a showdance there should be some dancing in it. This is more akin to a circus act in my opinion.

I think Tom and Camilla's showdance has been one of the best of the whole Strictly time. Hopefully Brendan won't subject Sophie to the this type of showdance like he did with Lisa Snowden.

I'm going to be really annoyed if Susanna wins - I can see it happening. :roll:

Its a shame that Patrick went out but I do feel that he had slightly given up during the last couple of weeks.

Think it is going to be a brilliant final - Natalie will go out first I think (and hope). I realised last night what it is particularly about her dancing that I don't like. No-one can argue that technically she is brilliant but she puts no soul into her dancing. I can only equate it to someone singing all the right notes and being perfectly in rhythm but singing like an automaton. Her AT was perfect but danced like an exam rather than as if she was in a nightclub. I don't think she has ever "let go" in the whole competition.

I saw Vincent & Flavia's AT stage show and the dances were so hot - no comparison

Abby or Sophie to win :clap:

If Susanna wins Strictly, which I think she will unfortunately, it will be an absolute travesty and proof that the show is a popularity contest rather than a dancing competition - or that it is fixed.

Whilst it was probably right that Patrick went - he did seem to be resigned to it from the beginning of the semi-final - it should have been Susanna in the dance off with him. Whatever Natalie's faults, she is a much better dancer than Susanna and I felt really sorry that she was in the dance off after being top of the leader board.

I hope that Sophie wins - I loved her dances on Saturday night.

I think the posts on here show how different we are. I feel like the only one who'd be quite content for Susanna to win - she shows such joy in her face that it makes me happy to watch her, as with Deborah. I too can't warm to Natalie, I like to see an improvement , but she has been practically perfect from show one. I loved Brendan's routines on Saturday, but for me Sophie's style is too languid. I won't mind if Abbie wins, though I don't mind either way.

I think it's great that we all have different opinions and favourites. I don't see Strictly as a dance contest, but as an entertainment show, and, as I said, I like to see the dancers improve, and those who have natural talent come through the process. I often get het up about results (was livid when Austin Healy went out :evil: ) but I think the results are manipulated rather than fixed.

Personally I'd like to see Abbey win. On week one, I didn't think I'd warm to her at all, but in fact I have. Aljaz has really brought out the best in her and you can see the improvement week on week.

Susannah has also had a great journey - her and Abbey, for me, are the two contestants who seem to have come in with no performing experience and you can see the improvements from week to week. I don't think Susannah should win, but I have enjoyed watching her journey and I am glad she is in the final.

I am afraid I haven't particularly enjoyed watching Sophie dance. One or two of her dances I have enjoyed, but I do agree with the 'languid' comment. Maybe Brendan doesn't bring out the best in her? I do feel she should be capable of more...

And as for Natalie, well what can I say. I completely agree with everyone who has said she has been perfect from week one, there has been no journey, and that she dances without emotion/connection. I am afraid she leaves me cold.

ah, see, now I can't agree with any of you!

Everything that Chickendoodle hates about Natalie's dancing is exactly what I love :lol:

I disagree that there has been no improvement from her - her footwork and positioning in the tango at the weekend were fantastic - in the early shows her feet were all over the place and while she had the head positions early on, the rest of her body was facing every which way but where it was supposed to

Tbh I've found it very difficult to connect with any of the finalists apart perhaps from Susannah and perhaps this is the problem. For the first time since I've watched properly (only three series tbh) I don't have a favourite. In other series I really wanted Chris Hollins to win, then I really wanted Kara to win, then I really wanted Harry to win. I recognise that Susannah isn't anywhere near the standard, and I can't stand the other two front runners which only leaves Sophie. Yeesh :(

How different we all are . I found this the least inspiring of any strictly series and just could not connect with any of the dancers. I'm glad Natalie didn't win I found her fakey. Like an old stylie end of the pier show professional dancer. Susannah was also a bit fake tbh and so I suppose Abby was the most natural but I didn't find any of her dances gave me goosebumps either oh well just as well I'm not A judge cos the only thing I could consistently guarantee is that if I thought it was good they all hated it-whereas when I was sure it was rubbish they gave it 9 s !