SarahGlymond

cluckingham palace !!! i hope there are pictures !

What a beautiful Cluckingham Palace! Those are lucky little girls.

I bought a wicker pet basket - an igloo type. The girls sit in it and on it and it is totally chickenproof. They will lay in it -which means a clamber in and out of the cube run to get the egg :roll:

I bought the girls one of these which they love:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_beds_baskets/cat_house/indoor/233512

(hope you can see the link here)

I wanted to swap it for the basket however, when one of the girls - Polly fell ill, she stayed in the basket for a day and since she passed away, Pickles checks the basket every day and calls for her, she seems to think she is in there somewhere. I took the basket out and she was frantic, so they now have both!

They weren't keen the first day and kept scooting past it, but as Shabby Chic says - the mealworm trick worked a treat.

They treat it like a gym too! They roost on the bars, stand on them to preen, sit in the house underneath, jump up and down the steps and they also do the high wire walk along the edges with their wings out for balance, which is my favourite :lol:. The worst thing they do is dive bomb each other - one eating quietly and the other jumps from the top edge and flattens them - that will take a lot of explaining at the vets if they don't stop it :lol:

Pickles and Polly were such good friends and would look for each other each day and stick together, such a shame, we do miss Polly bless her.

It is a good toy for them to play on. Also, I give it a good scrub down each week and hose it off and it is as good as new. I shall try this weekend re the photos. Problem is, if they can see me they jump down as they think I have treats! I shall try some hiding in the garden tactics whilst take the pics - what the heck - the neighbours already think I am mad :lol:

Oh tigia felt so bad that you dropped your egg !! yes I did the egg dance I also screamed so loud hubby came running out thinking something had happened to the chooks ! I was soooooo excited I got my 2nd egg this morning it was bigger not quite to normal size yet but I could definalty eat this one ! thought I best finish off hopefully the last ever shop bought one tho !!!!!!!! :clap::clap::D:dance:

Sorry for the delay and feel bad posting this now as we are discussing eggs but picture as promised:

77263189-3d77-4980-97cc-ed676aac0e25_zpsaf66f78b.jpg

I managed to creep out of the house without a sound, camera ready to take the picture, when Pickles noticed me! The result was an action shot and luckily Pepper wasn't at the front of the pen to be flattened again :lol:

I was just so glad Pepper wasn't under her :lol::lol: I didn't laugh so much yesterday when I opened the door without realising she was up there - she swooped down to get the treats and hit me full in the chest. I promptly fell backwards - mealworms and all and she landed on top of me. She also had the cheek to carry on eating the mealworms whilst she was there. Can you imagine the video clips we would have if we all had cameras running on and around the chicken houses :lol: I will say this once more - NONE OF THIS IS IN THE CHICKEN BOOKS!

This had made me laugh soooooo much !!!

Can I ask an off topic question I have gaps at the back of the cube see pictures should I or have I built it wrong I just thought with winter coming they have a big gap there and drafts will go in plus all the ventalition holes they will be cold ! im panicking again for nothing does everyones cube look like this

175_zps5a36a60a.jpg

176_zps03547675.jpg

I've got two cubes and they are both similar. Ventilation is essential otherwise bugs and nasties thrive.

Don't worry about them being cold in the winter. Mine have been out in -12 with the cube door open and they are fine. The only problem I had was when I first had them and covered them up (actually to keep the cockerel noise down!) and Phillip the cockerel got a chest infection.