Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Lovely here too in my part of Cornwall :D

I'm hoping it's not going to get too hot here again in the near future. I've got an awful rash on my neck that is insatiably itchy. It started off with that last hot spell & won't go. I can't put anything on it- not even sunscreen as it burns and sets off the itching again.

Thoroughly fed up with it! I want to be outside in this weather :(

Thank you.

Have just been to see the Nurse Practitioner who has diagnosed a severe allergic reaction to something. Have an intensive course of oral steroids to take so hopefully they will get rid of it!

Glad you're having nice sunny weather for your hols though :D

That's interesting, there's a possibility I could have brushed by some in the lane but I'm so allergic to lots of things... could be anything.

I've taken my first 6 tablets and after a couple of hours, the itch is a little easier. I feel ever so drowsy though so I'm glad it's just a 5 day course!

Just edited to add that I've just seen the report you were referring to. Don't think it resembles mine (more a mass of individual hives) but those examples look so sore.

We've had a very humid murky day - just a few glimpses of sun. This evening it was brighter, so went and locked the girls up, poo picked, hosed and looked up as it was getting dark really too quickly. Big weird clouds, so came in to check on the weather and FLASH BOOM! I didn't really need to know at that point! :lol: So some really heavy rain for a short spell and I can still see the pinky sunset on the horizon. I guess we are just on the edge of something moving on up. No more flashbang wallops though :anxious:

This week has been much cooler, although it got warmer yesterday and we had a lovely balmy evening. Not as warm today, but quite humid this evening with threatening clouds; I could hear distant thunder while out walking this evening, and it looked like we might get a downpour, but nothing happened.

It's getting dark much earlier now :(

Have just checked tomorrow's weather forecast (I use RAF Benson....about 5 mins down the road and usually VERY reliable) and its promising wall to wall very heavy rain tomorrow ALL day :roll: Probably my fault for moaning about the empty waterbut and non existent brook running through the village :oops:

The garden is SO dry tho - I have some small lavender plants that I have been desperate to get in but the ground is so hard I can't plant them out! Maybe tomorrow :whistle:

Having said all that, the coolish, bright weather is great (sorry, sun worshipers!) much more comfortable for getting things done (apart from planting!)

It has been muggy and overcast here all day, and there are some really big clouds around. The Weather Channel app (really reliable) on my phone tells me that there is a weather warning for heavy winds and rain from 1pm Friday through until 10am on Saturday.

I don't mind a bit of rough weather, and we really need the rain - the crops around here are starting to suffer now... they could do with a week of steady rain, then 3 weeks of hot sun to ripen them off for harvest.