Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

I thought it was easing off, but the rain has worsened, and the wind is getting up now. I do like being tucked up in bed, listening to the rain belting down outside. Can't wait until I have finished the work on my bedroom, and can use the open fire in there 8)

1 of 2 cats inside. No idea where t'other one is.

Hope the rain held off for your OH. At the moment its cold and belting down in South Oxfordshire......and its so DARK :shock: !

It didn't :( but OH said he enjoyed our picnic with the oldest two granddaughters (11 and 6 years old). Fortunately there is some seating with a roof over the top. The younger one kept asking when is the cricket going to start. Sadly the umpires said no play.

Chrissie

Rained consistently through the night and was very overcast at 6 this morning but it is just beginning to brighten up. 8)

It was so wet yesterday the dogs kept looking at me for the W word but they didn't get a walk until a break in the rain, about 9 pm

Been doing the hokey cokey with the washing since 9.00am....typical as there is so much bedding today!!!! Now bright and sunny and OH has just lit the barbecue. ES gone out on his bike and we have a full waterbutt......all is well with our world (for the moment....... :lol: )

Seriously CANNOT believe how much rain we had yesterday tho :shock:

Feels like September out there - lovely and sunny and all blue, but there is that chill in the air. You know it's cold when the butter is hard and you have to put a little in the microwave just to spread it on the bread! This morning there was condensation all over my windscreen!!! I'm sitting in the sun here, but my fingers are cold. Better get moving then!!!

Lovely today once the sun got going; perfect day really, just a shame I was at work.

The sun was still very warm this evening as we walked across the fields. Harvest time is nigh, and they are bringing in the rapeseed crops, which got a good start in the wet spring, and are ready early. I heard my first combine yesterday, and stood to watch one of the giants working a field this evening, the plume of dust blowing away.

Although it means the end of the summer, I like to see the harvest coming in, the hounds really like it too as all the wildlife scarpers out of the crops and they get good pickings :lol: