Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Forget the wilting - I'm melting! Already slurped a litre all in all of water, coconut water and about to have a coffee!!!

This morning the clouds looked like the aftermath of an overnight storm - it looked a little menacing to say the least. Thankfully it hadn't and just as well - I left OH's jumper out on the washing line! There were a few spots of very, very light rain in Aldershot but not enough to quench a bee's thirst!!!

Very hot now and as usual it's windy.

I think the UK is going to experience our heatwave mid-week. High 30s yesterday, may hit 40 today or tomorrow :shock: I am watering twice a day, and retiring to the cool of the house for the rest of the time. Its the one time I am pleased I don't have the chooks to worry about :D

Showers in the night, and heavy rain this morning. Currently 13.9deg, rain has abated, so I'm off out to clean and pack away the spare eglu now that the newbies are integrated with the rest of the flock. I am hoping that it will brighten up and we're hoping to get to the last day of a local steam rally.

:twisted: Checked the forecast at 6.20am before setting off for the boot sale....no rain till 11.00am so merrily set off (as merrily as one can be at 6.30am). Drizzled on the way there but the sky looked clear so decided to stick with. A few spits and spots around 9.00am then full blown rain by 10.15 :roll: Packed up and came home. Overcast all afternoon! What is it with weekends :roll: ?

Stunning here too. Just been out to look at a local golf club as a venue for a work event; it is on a pretty high hill, and we were buzzed by a couple of Merlin copters. I think they use it as a landmark on some exercise.

We are very near Silverstone, so there are traffic problems from that, plus various works in town, so work has advised folks to work from home for the rest of the week.. Sadly I live close enough not to use that as an excuse :(