Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Hideous rain here in the East Midlands, it did ease slightly in the afternoon but returned with a vengeance after dusk.

Go away you horrid, nasty rain

It was lovely here yesterday - bright and sunny, almost warm at times.

The weather deteriorated over night, when I was woken by gales and thrashing rain; it has since cleared a bit but the skies are darkening, the wind is getting up again, and the storm is on its way :roll:

The water table is very high now, we have the flood sluices open on the lakes at work, and the springs are bubbling up from the ground already.

:shock: How did it go Liz?

Very windy here last night, must have been raining hard all night (was when I got up at 2am), judging by the amount of surface water around. The Cherwell has breached its banks, but daft folks are still using the lower car parks beside it - in past years these have flooded very quickly and cars have been swamped :roll:

I drove into Stratford upon Avon this morning to meet Lesley, and there is an unbelievable amount of surface water and flooding, on the roads and surrounding fields. A couple of roads near us have been closed and I drove through some very bad flooding.

It is cold and clear here now, feels like it will freeze tonight.

With the amount of wet we have, that could be very dangerous. Rosie is due to race tomorrow morning (Cross-Country) we are waiting for a decision in the morning, but it will probably go ahead as they are 'hard sorts' who love a bit of mud.