Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Another few rumbles at night but nothing much - ground stayed dry. DS said it rained a bit in Guildford but it was pleasant. Clear sky this morning and very warm. All cloudy now and humid. Sometimes there is a big breeze. I don't think it feels as hot as yesterday - unless I'm getting used to it!

Very hot in south Oxford.......garden thermo says 35 and thats in the shade! Good breeze tho. Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow and 10 degrees cooler. Mind you, the walls dried quickly...almost a shame not to slap another coat on :wink:

A thunderstorm early evening would be lovely :pray:

Phew! Its even getting hard to breathe! Makes me wonder what the humidity rating is! The breeze has dropped completely so having the windows open does no good at all. Bedroom thermo reading 29.

Great idea about the waterbutts at diff heights, DM :wink: will have to mention that to OH!!!

We have a breeze now so I have opened all of the windows upstairs to their widest point and propped all the doors open in the hope that I can get rid of some of the heat. Poor chickens have spent the day panting and holding out their wings and they are down the side of the house which is largely shaded all day. I did consider hosing them down but I though that might distress them more. I have given them plenty of greens (lettuce and beetroot leaves) in the hope that they would help keep them cool with high liquid content.

Yesterday took a leaf out of OH's Aunt Olga;s book (RIP ) she lived in Cyprus and would walk around with wet tea towel on her head :shock: Irish linen only. I lay in front of fan last night with a cold wet towel and OH and ES roared with laughter. Get lost I said - I am English and pathetic and cant cope with the heat. I washed my feet in cold water at work and on the walk to the car found someone had left a sprinkler on so stood next to it. A girl has to do what she can to stay cool.