Space Chick

A shocking revelation about my husband

Tee Hee, love the first post.

Without wishing to burst anyone's bubble, I feel I do just need to mention that Nutella (along, unfortunately, with many chocolate products) contains palm oil which I now try to avoid due to the awful devastation of Orang Utang habitats.

I know it's almost impossible to avoid everything with unethical links, but I do try and just wanted to point this out in case anyone else is interested.

Tee Hee, love the first post.

Without wishing to burst anyone's bubble, I feel I do just need to mention that Nutella (along, unfortunately, with many chocolate products) contains palm oil which I now try to avoid due to the awful devastation of Orang Utang habitats.

I know it's almost impossible to avoid everything with unethical links, but I do try and just wanted to point this out in case anyone else is interested.

I didn't realise it contained palm oil :( I always try to make sure my peanut butter is palm oil free, but didn't even consider choccy spread. I know you can get ethical palm oil but how on earth do you check what is and isn't ethical? I was amazed at the weekend whilst trying to find a vegan pudding recipe, in a looong list of bad foods, honey is not allowed due to their legs getting pulled off :shock: but palm oil seems to be ok :? Unless I read it wrong.

Because it is made by bees. They don't eat anything that is either animal or made by animals (ie dairy

products). The good news I have found a hazelnut choc spread which doesn't co tail palm oil! http://www.hawthornhealth.com/general-health-c7/chocolate-hazelnut-spread-350g-p15873?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=antony-worrall-thompson-chocolate-amp-hazelnut-spread-350g-awt5&utm_campaign=product+listing+ads%3Futm_source%3Dgoogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=antony-worrall-thompson-chocolate-amp-hazelnut-spread-350g-awt5&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CNeKtJX5lrwCFQgOwwodNBkAqQ#18712

Wow! A long URL! If I was on my pc I would alter it, but as I am on my iPad, I am not battling with clicking in the right spot :wink:

Bluekarin (tried to quote your link, but computer didn't seem to want to do it !)

I looked up the choc spread via the link you mentioned and the second ingredient is "palm fat", maybe I'm missing something, but sounds like palm oil to me !

I spoke to a lady selling soap last year who was very against palm oil and she said some companies hide it by simply stating "vegetable oil" - I felt very stupid as I'd been pleased with myself for finding a choc spread (Cadburys) which didn't show palm oil as an ingredient, but I imagine now it probably has it in anyway.

Will stop hi-jacking this thread now, sorry. It's so hard to try to shop ethically isn't it !

I have never had nutella either and have no desire to change that, I love chocolate bars and hot chocolate but hate chocolate cake and chocolate flavoured biscuits.

Apparently I am weird.