The Dogmother

Allow me another Ebay rant

I know :roll:

I have been having a clear out and ebaying various things, some are listed (clearly) as collection only as they are too large/heavy to post; our post office doesn't have any nearby parking, so any items need to be taken on foot. My listing terms state this clearly, they also make clear that I am not able to accept courier collection.

As you can imagine, I have had the usual rash of numpties who appear to be 'hard of reading', and message me regarding postage costs for these items, or requesting courier collection.... I just ask them to read the listing carefully. Why then did one of these numpties insist on messaging me back asking whether I was 'too lazy' to get to the post office???!!! He then bid on the item and asked me to post it - I refused and cancelled the transaction.

Another heavy item has bee bought by a chap who lives about 2 hours away; I added a note to his invoice asking him to contact me regarding collection... he has paid, but no mention of collection. I have sent a separate message asking him to contact me to arrange collection... I see a pattern emerging here :roll:

And to cap it all, I waited around this evening for a local-ish lady to collect another heavy item, she had my mobile number (stupidly I forgot to get hers) an hour past the allotted time, and I messaged her to say that I would leave it in the porch for her as the dogs couldn't wait any longer for their walk. Needless to say, she didn't turn up either. :roll:

I am beginning to wonder if it is worth Ebaying it.... :(

ETA the last lady has just messaged 'couldn't make it tonight, are you in tomorrow?' Why on earth didn't she ring or text me????

Some people are just sent to try us I think! Not just eBay although it does seem to attract them :roll:

I listed something on a local FB selling site - a brand new toilet seat (with integrated / hinged junior seat) and it sold within minutes.

Agreed with the lady (who I didn't know) that I would bring to the school playground. She said she'd see me there, she had my mobile number, she knew I was helping at a cake stall that afternoon and therefore that is where she would find me. Lugged aforementioned seat to school along with cakes and a small child.......and then lugged it home again.

Got a text an hour later saying her husband couldn't find me at the school, had I been there? Erm, husband? Erm, how about letting me know I should be looking out for him? Erm, how about giving me a ring?

Could she collect in half an hour. Yes, of course, I replied. An hour later her husband collected. :roll:

People are just complete idiots.

I am selling a house that stands in a half acre of grounds with steps down to the garden (clearly stated in the details), so far I have had an elderly couple who could barely walk from their car to my front door only for them to say "they didn't realise the garden had steps and it was a too big for them" and a couple who "wanted a double garage yours is only a single", correct that is why the very accurate details state SINGLE garage and give the dimensions.

Blithering idiots the lot of them, I swear I am going to start invoicing the fools for wasting my time

She finally messaged me back, she'd known she wouldn't be able to make it, so had sent her friend.... Who couldn't make it either. At no stage did either of them think to let me know :roll: we have rescheduled for Thursday evening.

Thanks for the thought Sarah, don't think I will join facebook though.

I feel your pain, DM :evil:

I recently sold a Per Una jersey top, length and width were on the listing, the person who bought it messaged me to say she wasn't happy with the fit and it had obviously shrunk in the wash! As the top had ridiculously long sleeves, was still super soft and fluid jersey, and I never manage to shrink things in the wash I knew this was rubbish. I said if she thought that the item was not as described then she could have a refund. She wanted at least half the price back (total cost of top to her plus p & p was £3.95) as she said she was going to chuck it in a charity bag. I told her to put the top in the charity bag (I didn't want it back as I didn't like it!) and gave her a full refund, she messaged me back afterwards to say I was sensitive!! Not sure how she meant that but still. I've sold a lot of things recently, so I guess it was about time I got an awkward transaction :roll:

I have just sold a skirt, which has an Ebay history... despite me blocking buyers from outside the UK, this one managed (somehow) to bid on and win this skirt. I had to point out to them that my listing says that I don't post outside the UK, and also those countries are excluded from my listings. Skirt now sold again to someone in the UK; here's hoping that they pay up!

I used to sell things at the boot fair and occasionally on eBay, I have now decided life is too short and send stuff straight to the charity shop - even freecycle has fallen out of favour with me now. I think all the time pricing, listing and hanging about isn't really worth it, and if I can afford to give it away I might as well do it in the most time efficient way I can.

I've just listed my Eglu classic with all accessories including waterproof cover and brand new shade. I put a buy it now price of £200 and started the bidding at £50. I got an email yesterday from someone saying they'd take it off my hands for £100 because his birds were fighting. :? And then I could finish the listing. How kind of him :lol:

The shower rain head listing saga ended with me cancelling his sale, he then carried on messaging me to suggest that I am lazy because I won't take a day off and wait in for his courier; I told him that I would report him if he messaged me once more :roll:

the shower risers etc in the large box were won by another person who didn't see the big red note on the listing about collection only... he lives at least an hour away and has paid, but is still to arrange collection.... I am getting onto him about this today as he has had over a week to get his act together.

I have just had a message from a lady about a dress I am selling that's clearly listed as a size 10 - she placed a bid in error, having not noticed the size. Now she wants me to cancel her bid.... i can't see how to do this, and have a feeling that it would have to be done by the bidder anyhow.

Yes, the bidder CAN cancel their bid, although there may be restrictions on this if the item has less than 12 hours to run.

Message her back telling her to do it herself - it will then go on to her record too, in case she is a repeat offender.

Thanks Sarah, that's more or less what I told her.