Luvachicken

Waiting to feel better - sympathy needed.

Hope you improve soon ((hugs))

Stomach problems can be very frustrating.

I agree about the pro-biotics.

I'm at the tail end of a chest infection and have been on antibiotics. I'm planning to re-introduce some nice friendly bacteria as soon as I finish my course.

Thanks Space Chick.

I saw earlier that you have a chest infection - I hope you are feeling better soon and am sending you a hug too.

Have just read through this thread with interest having had a gastroscopy yesterday morning (the second in three years) for gastric pain, nausea and excessive wind (ES and YS find my mega burping totally hysterical when I am in full flow.....quite frankly I don't :roll: !!)

This has continued for about 4.5 years and often disapears for months at a a time and, just when I think its all over, comes back with a vengance! Have had gastroscopy, colonscopy, MRI, CT and ultra sound but nothing shows up.

Without going into gory detail as some of you may just have eaten :shock: lower digestive system fine! The only thing that helps is Lanzoprazole - a proton pump inhibitor - double dose as soon as symptoms start so guess its acid related? Does not seem to be food/stress related tho pineapple is def off the menu!

I always panic at 'unexplained' pains etc but guess, once any 'nasties' have been ruled out, its just a case of managing it as best one can!

The upside is that I have lost half a stone and am now back to my 9s 10lb 'wedding weight' from 25 years ago so it appears that there is a silver lining to every cloud :lol:8)

Hugs to all who are feeling below parr.........

I doubt crab eaten in summer would be culprit. Its a puzzle - a work collegue had awful probs after going to India - all tests didnt thro up anything major - went in the end but does make you feel pants.

Soapdragon - I take it you were tested for Helicobactor? i had it and the treatment isnt pleasant but felt better after. its a poo sample (NICE) and you should be off the proton thingies for 5 days prior to test or you get false negatives. Duodenal ulcers run in my familiy and being a highly strung madam I do run the risk of it so am on the same drug. Stress doesnt help but nursing and stress go hand in hand these days as do many jobs. Hope you all feel better soon.

That's interesting Soapdragon because OH has had very similar symptoms for about 4 months. At first we thought ulcer and he was given Omeprozole which did help a bit, but then he also had terrible nausea and night sweats and was prescribed metaclopramide for that. In the mean time he's had 2 blood tests which ruled out helicobacter (we think he was taking the omeprazole at the time though ali's girls - could that have been a problem?) and liver function problems. Then they seemed to think it could be gall bladder related so he's just had an ultrasound scan but although he's still waiting for the follow-up appointment with GP the chap that did it said he couldn't find anything on it. So we're back to square one and OH is terrified it's something awful :(

Wow mullethunter you have just taken a huge weight off my mind, ED has had severe GORD symptoms for the last eight months and has been on omeprozol maximum strength/dose and doesn't seem to be working but she has had a few night sweats and it really freaked me out....to hear your OH has had the same makes me feel a little better (although I don't wish him unwell of course!)

I have told her to go back to the GP and ask for bloods/gastroscope/consultant referral all of which have not happened as yet but I have told her to insist!!!

Yes, all; HP tests came back as no probs so still a bit of a mystery! Gall bladder ultra sounds rule out any probs there but as far as I am concerned as long as the medics can rule out cancer (shock, horror, panic why don't I :shock: ) then I am happy to just deal with the symptoms as they occur on the basis that it could be much worse!

Having been convinced that I had Zollinger-Ellison syndrome to find out that I had'nt was a great relief...that said....will have to wait for results of biopsies from Friday's gastroscopy. Have been told that, should these prove neg, I must have pelvic ultra sound as could also be gyne rather then gastro!!??!! (Don't quite get that one but its another layer to rule out!!)

Howvever, should all prove neg then will knuckle down and get on with it; medication can do wonders!!

Chin up, keep smiling everyone 8)

PS Did have a couple of night sweats recently but, at the age of only just 50, put that down to the menopause??!! :wall::think::lol::shock::roll::wink:

What a bunch!

It's very frustrating when no-one can positively diagnose, and that even though the individuals are doing their best the NHS is so slow.

Gavclojak definitely keep pushing ED to try to get a diagnosis. I doubt she's panicking like my OH (although you might be) but whatever it is it's definitely made worse by worrying about what it might be. I have a feeling that for him it's something has really irritated his digestive system or damaged it somehow and it just can't get back to normal - but until he gets a positive diagnosis he's properly worrying himself sick.

Best wishes for all and let us know if anyone finds anything out - preferably not through Google though as that always tells you you're going to die!

Oooer, so many poorly tummies around :(

I am feeling a lot better right now - but sadly just as I tell people, the illness fairy lands on me during the night and makes me ill again, she MUST NOT come tonight.

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon and gets any diagnoses sorted out.

Still waiting to hear from my doctors for my sample though.

Hope that you all, get some answers soon and start to feel better.

My dad had something similar last year, he has had various digestive problems over the years, but in the end came to the conclusion that he was intolerant to cellulose, he can't eat raw vegetables and can only eat certain well cooked vegetables now which is really hard for someone who has spent his working life growing them and has always enjoyed eating them too. He had loads of tests that came up with nothing so did his own research and trials

Gosh read this post with interest as I too have the dreaded upset stomach.was treated a couple of years ago for H Pylori and had two gastroscopes.It is a relief when they are normal but the symptoms are quite unpleasant.Feeling nauseas,overfull and'acidy'.I was on Omeprazole and felt very tired and just not right.I then found the best thing for me was to raise the head of the bed a good 6 inches.Symptoms have flared up again with moving and am on Esomprazole which seems to suit me better.This is a most annoying illness/ symptoms as the triggers seem to be chocolate :( ,red wine :(:( ,and a mug of tea :(:(:( ,when it's at its worse.Any good remedies anyone has tried,please post as I would prefer not to take ppi all the time.

Got my results yesterday :D only to be told that there wasn't enough of a sample AND that the results were back a couple of days ago :evil: , and yet my surgery didn't bother to tell me.

Anyway, I had a phone consultation today and the doctor told me there was enough of a sample to say that I don't have e-coli, salmonella, or campylobacter (sorry for spelling) :dance: and that he wasn't worried but explained that what I had had, would take a while to work it's way out of my system.

I just need the well tummy fairy to land on me in the night, please .....

Hope everyone else is feeling better xx

Well, thats good news! Hope you are feeling better but, if not in a week or so, do go back and ask for further tests.

You could always ask your GP for referal to a Consultant, if you feel that things are not resolving. Its probably nothing but, as others have said, best to make absolutely sure and get the right medication, if needed!

I am a huge fan of GPs and think that they do a fab, difficult job but, at the end of the day - as my lovely GP says - they are the front line and can't cover everything and can always refer on if they or the patient feels the need!!!

Really sad to read this thread and so many tummy troubles.

I too have had a very dodgy tum for just over a week. Yes I had all the stress of finishing my work but after a lasagne last Friday, (we rarely eat shove in the oven meals), I felt sore and bloated. Anyhow come Sunday I felt like I could burst, I mean seriously like the alien was going to burst out of my tummy. It settled a little though I seemed to have some acid reflux. Day after I finished my course, Wednesday, I had a social service meeting for mum. I spent most of the morning on the loo and had to go twice during the meeting and again when I got home. I felt awful.

All I have eaten since then is some white bread toasted, (I usually have wholemeal), an last night some boiled coley and white rice. I still feel naff.

The twist is, I have Underactive Thyroid caused by Hashimoto's Disease. Often Hashi's patients are celiac though I have not been diagnosed. It could be a Hashi's flare up where you can experience over active thyroid symptoms including dodgy tummies. However the intensity on Wednesday was more like a bug.

I had acid reflux some years ago and was on opremazole however you shouldn't take proton pump inhibitors with thyroxine as it affects the thyroxine absorbtion so I am going to try a little apple cider vinegar in water to help that.

Sorry for waffling. I know I do that often. Just wanted to explain as it seems others have suffered too and I don't feel so bad about mentioning it.