Luvachicken

Waiting to feel better - sympathy needed.

On 13th October I started to feel a bit squiffy with a poorly tummy.

I took the next day off work and apart from an upset tummy in the morning felt fine for the rest of the day.

Every morning was the same and this continued for 2 weeks ( I'm not good at going to the doctors ) but I was starting to feel quite ill, so eventually the day before 1/2 term I managed to get a telephone appt and the doctor asked me to go in.

He said I had food poisoning and gave me some antibiotics for a week.

I finished them last Friday ........ and then on Monday this week I had a poorly tummy yet again.

I managed to work at school on Tuesday but that is all.

I phoned the doctor straight away this time who asked for a sample and said there was nothing he could do until he got the results.

I feel really rotten, have neglected my girls and not having fun at all.

Thank you so much everyone :D

I knew my lovely chicken friends would make me feel better.

Poor you! Any idea when your results will come through? Do you have to call the surgery/go for an appointment or will they call you?

Hope you feel better very soon.

Well, when I spoke to the doctor yesterday he said if I got a sample there by 5pm I might know the results on Friday or Monday, sadly I couldn't get the sample until today so I guess probably Tuesday.

The doctor said they would call me when they got the results back.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Oh luvachicken, you are having a horrible time :( I am sorry. Yes I do think you should have some quiet snuggly time but maybe try to read some fun stuff to keep your spirits up. Its a horrible time of year and its all too easy to stay indoors when you dont have to go out but maybe a brisk walk if you're feeling up to it might help too. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts. Ax

I went through a period of time when my tummy was bad, day in and day out. I think, looking back that it was quite a stressful time in my life and the best help I got was from the nurse at the surgery. She helped me see that tummy problems that have been caused by stress, cause stress in themselves which becomes a vicious cycle. Her advice was great and when I thought I was the cause of my bad tummy and concentrated on calming me and it down, it really worked. If the doctor doesn't find anything obvious it might be worth finding things that relax you and making them play a big part of your day. That's what I believe helped me.

It's horrible and makes you feel insecure. Best wishes.

I'm sorry to hear you have been unwell but try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know). I totally agree with PatsyLabrador that a lot of tummy issues are stress related and it's quite possible to become suddenly sensitive to something which never caused an issue for you before eg bread . IBS presents with the sort of symptoms that you describe as I know. I found A diet that essentially amounted to food combining fhelped me feel a lot better and I am a huge advocate of peppermint tea to quickly settle a disgruntled tummy. Hope that you are feeling better soon and in the meantime sending hugsxx

Well just to come out in sympathy I have had indigestion during the night (burp burp) and then it's continued this morning (burp burp) a couple of Rennies and I'm more like BURP BUUUUUURP! Thankfully nothing more than feeling uncomfy and sound effects that could grace any naughty comedy show. :oops:

I think the problem was the nasy bout of food poisoning has affected the friendy flora in the bowel. Once you get the all clear from the GP, I would get a really good probiotic , also a drink of Yakut or the like before every meal and a bland diet for a few weeks.

I'm sure that will sort you out and its not a nice thing to say but you have to put yourself first, we all love our animals but they will be fine with food/water and not a lot else, it's us who gets the guilts...look after Number 1 otherwise you won't be well enough to look after everyone else. :boohoo:

Ps I don't think the test results would be w whole lot faster if you went privately as they have to culture the sample and that's what takes the time :shock:

I have had stress related tummy problems before ( caused by my previous job in a pre-school ) and I think this is different, but if the results come back with nothing then I will look at things in a different light.

I have managed soup for tea and a roll yesterday and had the same for lunch today.

Think I will be on soup for a while.

The idea of some Yakult did come to me the other day - when I was thinking of the Beryl's bacteria for the girls :lol:

Thank you again everyone for your wishes :D

Well just to come out in sympathy I have had indigestion during the night (burp burp) and then it's continued this morning (burp burp) a couple of Rennies and I'm more like BURP BUUUUUURP! Thankfully nothing more than feeling uncomfy and sound effects that could grace any naughty comedy show. :oops:

I'm sorry you have had indigestion Valkyrie, but you did make me have a good chuckle :lol:

Hope you are feeling better as the day has gone on.

have you been abroad recently? Yakult or actimel are good for putting good bacteria back into gut or get probiotics from a good chemist. Can take a while for tummies to settle after a rough time.

Valkyrie you sound very gusty dear - if that continues prob need a trial of PPI tablets or a helicobacter test to see if you have an ulcer.

We are a poorly lot. Get well soon everyone. :D:D

Cornwall? unlikely I would think :lol: Sorry - that should read Proton pump inhibitor tablets not a hen - i forgot the forum translates this as a Pepperpot. Poor Valkyrie prob would be windy if she ate a whole hen feathers n all.

I think my brain is stressed - have chest infection so not enough O2 to brain :lol:

get well soon everyone.

Ooh crab - sadly seafood is often a cause of the dicky tum. Before I am lynched by Cornwallers who are proud of their food it can happen in the best restaurants. Any one else in your group got the same symptons who ate crab?

Would crab that I ate in the Summer cause me problems now though ?

No-one else likes crab in my house and hubby, the same day I started, had a poorly tummy just before.