soapdragon

Betwixt and Between!!

OOOOOOh, am feeling out of sorts with the seasons! A way away from 1st December so not into Christmas mode yet but, with Bonfire Night over, I feel I should be more organised towards 'THE FESTIVE SEASON' :roll:

I do think that things kick off too early (ie; 'back to school' in the middle of Aug :shock: ) but feel a bit in limbo regarding Christmas! Classic FM don't start Christmas music 'till 1st Dec (quite rightly, IMHO!) and I don't like getting things rolling till 1/12! BUT.....

Cards and paper are bought in the sales - just have to remember where I have stashed them :roll: - and most pressies bought but there does seem to be a pause between early November and feeling that its legit to put the carols on and start card writing and present wrapping :whistle:

I guess that what I am trying to say is that I am keen to get on with being organised (I know form the All Things Nice thread that many of you have made your puds/cakes etc :oops: ) but still feel its a bit early for me! Equally the Christmas ads are now o't telly which piles the pressure on - should they be limited to 1st December? :think:

Thanks for 'bearing with' just feeling frustrated and a bit like I want to crack on but its a few weeks premature yet and too early!!! How is everyone else doing? Do any of you get organised early or do you prefer to wait a bit!?

Well I've been singing carols for weeks, but that's because I sing in a choir and we have to start rehearsing early. My sister has received a Christmas card already. :roll:

I'll be writing mine at the last minute as usual, and I too haven't started my swap yet. I have made four mini Christmas cakes, I need eight in total for the guests at my Contact the Elderly tea-party in December but I only have four little tins, so I'll make the other four this weekend. I wish the shops started plugging it a bit later though.

I am in full 'come on Christmas 'mode. Don't watch/listen to Christmas stuff before 1st December but mentally there. Have the recipe books out and can't wait. German Christmas Market holiday booked, Heidelburg and Trier this year. Very excited.

First though, the twins and I are going to cook Thanksgiving meal - just because we fancy doing that.

I have to admit Christmas is def on the way and more so when you think it is only one more pay day away.

So , cakes and puds are made. Cards, wrappings are all sorted, The GC Christmas stockings are arranged, most of the pressies are done , I have defrosted the freezer and already have certain things in there for Christmas !

It is quite frightening when once Dec 1st arrives Christmas day seems to rush at you . Scary !

Doesn't feel like Christmas here :(

Waiting for exchange/completion dates and getting increasingly frustrated with the whole house buying and selling system. I've wrapped presents for friends (thank goodness I bought loads of great stuff in the January sales!) and everything else is being packed away so unless we move soon I'm going to be tearing my hair out and running round like the proverbial blue derriered fly nearer 25th December :evil:

I've usually got my outside lights up for 1st December switch on, but looks like we will be having a Christmas out of boxes this year, might manage a bit of tinsel round the window :lol:

A few small present sought and one Christmas Cake made. We always have a large Delia Christmas cake and one other one which is made by OH. This year he has made Delia's Creole cake. We also experimented with using 5 of the eggs that we froze earlier in the year. They were an odd texture, runny whites and pasty yolks, but they mixed in ok and the cake seemed to rise perfectly well. I will use the for mine too I think. I froze about two dozen eggs earlier in the year when we sniped out with then, some as whole eggs and some separated.

Not Christmassey yet, though we're now at the stage of acquiring little bits every week so we don't end up with one huge food bill. Turkey crown and lamb leg in freezer, cake and some chocolates hidden out of view. Still more sweets, biscuits and mince pies to go (and there's only two of us :shock:!).

Presents for cats and dogs and dad sorted, and put on the top of my wardrobe out of reach. Diary entry made to order raw food to be delivered before Christmas as there won't be enough to get us through to New Year.

Can't yet get excited enough to dig out and write cards yet, let alone think about decorations.

Good luck with the move Charlottechicken!

Not feeling Christmassy yet in deepest coastal Sussex but weather has been too barmy and warm on any case. Also my stumbling block every year is November birthdays (dd and oh) which have to be properly celebrated first and so Christmas def on hold. That said visited the Country Living Christmas fair at the weekend which was lovely and did get the Christmas mood going.and also managed to get pressies for several people there which was brill! My aim is to be much more organised this year For the two previous years the Christmas tree hasn't gone up until the 23rd December which makes me very twitchy!

Good luck with the move Charlottechicken!

Thank you, it's not going well though, so I am putting all my stuff into storage and moving in with my mum. It appears to be the only way to break the chain and get things moving. Suddenly though, the solicitor is on the case and things are happening :roll:

Sorry for the moan, might need to start another thread!