The Dogmother

Dieting; an observation

There's quite a debate about Agave... I prefer it to dark muscovado sugar, which I love on porridge; it is very low GI and you need to use very little, it is high in calories though. I only use it on porridge, so not every day. It gets slammed as it's high in fructose, but like it as it doesn't leave me craving sugar/sweet stuff. Stevia is more portable as it comes in little sweetener type pellets and is a chemical free sweetener. I have grow into a sweeter tooth, but if I don't get it, then I don't miss it.

I find mixing a few raisins into porridge whilst it is cooking sweetes it up no end, especially if it has been made the day before and reheated. I tend to make two days worth at a time, with a grated Apple and a hand full of raisins and some cinnamon. Cinnamon helps regulate your blood sugar too, so it is win win and yummy. I must admit to using half milk half water though.

Coconut nectar is great for baking, is low GI and is acceptable in moderation for diabetics. All in all, it is my friend!!

In fact, I have gone nuts over coconuts full stop!! Coconut oil is a healthier oil to cook with too.

Then there is coconut water, coconut milk, desiccated coconut and Malibu :lol:

I definitely think there is something to be said about reducing carb intake. I've had a few busy work days where I have grabbed a sandwich rather than eating my usual soup or salad, and I have felt pretty rubbish and it has raised my blood sugars :anxious:

According to a new report from California ( :roll: ) we should all be consuming our daily calorie intake between 9 and 5! Tests on mice ( :cry: ) showed that those who ate their allotted calories between those times weighted less than those allowed access to the same number of calories over a 24 hour period! :doh:

They sell coconut nectar in most health food stores, like Holland and Barratt. However, I find it cheaper to buy in bulk on eBay. My sister and I usually go halves on a 5kg sack which costs about £20 compared to around £7 for 250g in health food shops!

They usually call it coconut sugar on eBay but it's the same stuff!

According to a new report from California ( :roll: ) we should all be consuming our daily calorie intake between 9 and 5! Tests on mice ( :cry: ) showed that those who ate their allotted calories between those times weighted less than those allowed access to the same number of calories over a 24 hour period! :doh:

I managed to lose nearly a stone doing this last year. I kept to the eight hour window but mine tended to be between 1pm and 9 pm because it was the spring when I started and it was long daylight hours therefore we tended to be at the allotment in the evening and didn't eat our evening meal until later. I did find it tough waiting until lunchtime to eat because I am a breakfast lover. I think that I will start this again after Christmas.

Having thought this through.....this is actually what I do anyway! I never eat breakfast as I am simply not hungry 1st thing, have lunch around 12 and something very light when the boys eat around 5pm. I have taken up tapestry again in order to keep my hands busy in the evenings :lol: !!!

Again.....not for everyone but if it fits in with other things in life poss worth trying :think: