Alis girls

Missing kitty *update!* with photo!!!

My YS's big kitten has gone missing nearly 48 hours. :( have trawled roads - no bodies and put fliers thro doors. He is chipped. OH even spoke to mad cat lady in next street. Any other ideas please - any one know of websites we can put him on as I beleive they exist. Thanks

Edited by Guest

Oh dear, sorry to hear it - he may well still stroll in though, I've had them go missing for more than 48 hours before.

Is there a local Facebook group you could post on, or a Twitter group, or are you a member of Streetlife? They're all good for things like this, when I found a stray dog once I put a message on Twitter.

Hi Alis Girls - very sorry to hear about missing cat. If you haven't already done it it might be worth ringing round local vets, or even asking them to put up a 'missing' poster in their surgery for you (our vet often has these up), and perhaps let local cat/animal shelters know. Hope he's back very soon - it's horrible when this happens.

No nothing thanks for asking. We have checked everywhere - even shed which hasnt been opened for weeks. Hes a young adult and BIG so I dont think he could hide in house. Hes either been run over and crawled away to die :( , locked in somewhere or stolen by someone thinking hes worth money. Hes a half/quarter Bengal and anyone in the know would see hes not a pedigree. My sons are bereft. I even been sent to interview cat woman who was a lovely old dear who has a moody tabby who doesnt like other cats so I dont think hes there. Shes was friendly and not at all confrontational and I have enough experience of elderly who can spin a yarn (my dad for one :shock: ). Will keep looking. I keep being told they can come back after weeks away. Fingers crossed.

Cats are fickle. I love cats but have given up trying to keep them. I have had four, one I know died because we found her on the road. One went totally awol, two I believe have found somewhere better to be.

I think Reg visits us occasionally and a cat we had who we called Ron (yes , something to do with the Kray brothers) we think might be Francis the stray cat who pops by occasionally.

I actually have seen 'Reg' and 'Ron' saying a sort of hello on the stray cat bed I provide in my greenhouse.

I know it's dopey of me but I believe cats are their own beasts who might go stray but they remember where they are welcome. It makes me happy to provide a sheltered place with a bowl of cat food should they pop by.

Sorry how do I add the word "update"

I was finishing the ironing and looked out the window tonight and saw what I thought was our other cat but it was Basil our missing boy - 16 days after going missing.

I opened the door and he shot in did 2 circuits of the lounge :shock: with me shrieking "Basils back" - boys didnt believe me and my youngest told me to stop the sick joke and then saw his cat. We were still squealing when OH walked in on the rumpus and we had a family hug with Basil in the middle.

Poor lad is thin, no claws as worn away and very thirsty. I suspect hes been locked somewhere and am cross people are too dammed lazy to check their sheds etc as we asked. I think the fact hes young -not yet 2 probably meant he survived. Thanks for you kindness and support and if this doesnt make sense I've been at the mulled vino :shameonu: BTW we spoke to vet and they said probably take him in Monday to get checked out. Ali xxxx