soapdragon

'''Hedge Trimming''''

I'm now wondering what the other thread was and why didn't I pay more attention. Or is it the aging one? I don't remember hedges. Thank goodness they've stopped smoking adverts now otherwise I'd be chortling at Penelope Keith going oooh Bee enson and He yedges!

Yes, Alis did give me the hea :silenced: er explanation.

Ermmmm, 'sucuse me but could I just make it absolutely clear that I was referring to the growth or greenery that border lanes/roads and the cutting back thereof; just wanted to be totally clear on that :wink: now other options have been brought to my attention :roll::oops: Thanks, Alisgirls :silenced::whistle:

Here was me getting all fussed about the rampant tearing up of the countryside when others had clearly mistaken my angst for some form of personal depilation :shameonu::roll:

This just goes to show that there is not always a hidden agenda - sometimes things are JUST as they seem 8):lol:

PS Still embarrassed, tho :oops::shock:

Well, I defy anyone to misinterpret that!!!! How very creative :clap: Such a huge scale tho so not sure that this would work on my very small bush :think:Do you need some sort of template for this, I wonder?

There is a wonderful garden in the Cotswolds which is absolutley crammed with topiary; can't remember the name but its a National Trust. Must be a full time job for someone tho box is quite slow growing.

I have no idea - I'm thinking more temporary plants in wire frames there - but I could be wrong - maybe mosses and grasses? Before a local garden centre was bought by some bigger company (I don't think they'll last long - charge the earth, rubbish plants - roses are £25 per pot and covered in blackspot now!) they had driftwood arrangements with house leeks and multi-coloured sempervivums covering them - that was brilliant. Sorry these are soooo distracting. Although better than the shredded messes that you meant.

topiary-2.jpg

Sorry mods - it turned out a bit too big!

Animaltopiary_2229345b.jpg