Guest revnev

weather roundup??

I shall have a go at that recipe this weekend - need to pop out to the village shop tomorrow to get the cheese though.

Weather here in Norfolk - snowing heavily first thing - that powedery snow that is no good for snowballs - which OH would have got as he staying in bed until gone 9AM!

The triplets did not like it at all. They feasted on a hot breakfast of peelings of apples, carrots, potatoes, swede etc and a handful of organic jumbo oats.

Later I had to go out and leave them and it snowed even harder and OH said that they made a dreadful noise.

I made a fuss on them whe I came home added another carpet off cut to the little gap that a draught might get in.

It is still snowing on and off and the windchill factor is -8 apparently. The are now locked in their covered Eglu run with the remains of their breakfast reheated - they dived on it. They then saw me picking up the bits of cabbage leaves that they hadn't eaten (I had hung up a Savoy cabbage from a post) and they went mad at the rund door shrieking and bashing at it, so I had to put them in the squirrel feeder and shove it in to keept them quiet.

Talk about possesive! I have got an extra cover to put at the end of the run where the door is, as they insist on having the Eglu door ajar so that they can get out in the morning. They kick up a real hullabaloo if I shut it tight.

I read that they are ok in the cold, but hate draughts. The things we do.

Just got to wait for them to go to bed so that I can put the cover over that bit.

Still snowing powdery snow and only settling like talc on paving etc.

The weather conditions have been dire here today.

Torrental rain, extremely strong winds, in fact the strongest I have ever known. Trees uprooted, roads flooded.

Village without power for most of the day and village School closed this morning ( which I will be ranting about in another thread as I am so very, very, angry).

Very scary going to work this morning, the wind was so strong it was an effort to keep my car on the road. Just as I approached the School a tree branch fell on the bonnet of the car that scared th s**t out of me.

I am sat at home now with candles dotted about and torches at the ready just in case.

This is the worst weather I have seen since moving here nearly 15 years ago.

Well, we got up this morning to beautiful blue skies, so decided to go Christmas shopping after we dropped the boys at school. We stopped off for breakfast (sun still shining), but 40 mins later when we got out, it was pelting with snow, and cars were skidding all over the place. :shock::shock:

Decided the easiest thing to do would be to drive into Edinburgh, then stick to main roads to get home, but the snow was sooooo heavy, even the main roads were skiddy. It eventually took us 90 minutes to get home, a journey that normally takes about 10.

However, it had all melted by the time I left for work, and just got in, running from the pelting rain.

Now more snow forecast for the weekend, but there may be more on Monday, according to the local news.

My brothers are travelling home from the north coast of Scotland today, to Surrey. Are they likely to meet any major snow or weather problems?

Only they would be mad enough to take a two-week holiday in a croft with no heating, in November! And they were really hoping for snow :shock:

My husband is in West Yorkshire - he has just called to say he's gone over a hill only to find on the other side a couple of inches of snow and the traffic going soooo slow. :roll:

Ive looked at the weather map and it looks like the North and North East worst affected today :?

Yes, we've got snow in Newcastle today. Not too much and showers rather than continuous, but there will be more out of the city.

They are usually pretty good about gritting the A1 and although you always get more snow and ice a bit south of us over the north york moors, The snow may not be falling that far south at the moment.

We've got no snow here, just a beautiful sunny, but chilly day! (Just south of Edinburgh). There is a smattering on the Pentlands though, so perhaps it's just confined to higher ground today.