Blackrocksrock

London Attack

It's horrible. Sometimes I can be sanguine about it sometimes I get filled with rage. Today I'm filled with rage. Terrorism in London feels like a constant. Colleagues being blown up during IRA bomb campaign, my daughter was caught up in July 7th tube bombings, too close for comfort to the recent murder on Westminster and that's just me.

I'll stop before I say too much. I'm going into London today as it happens and I will have a defiantly good day.

Thanks for the opportunity to rant.

Enjoy your day out in London, PL. Stick two fingers up at the 'terrorists'!

Reports seem to be a little confused at present as to identities but, however many police and soldiers are out and about, it would seem almost impossible to stop lone 'terrorists' striking like this.

And of course every time there's an attack like this it brings out all the nutters - we've had 2 bomb hoaxes near me today, one in the shopping centre and one in the passport office.

This whole thing is getting out of hand and I fear that people will start taking the law into their own hands before long.

We are meant to be at a couple of concerts in London later this month and while we will go, and refuse to be cowed such behaviour, it is scary and it does make you not want to go to places and just to stay at home.

The world is a very crazy, scary place right now and I do find myself wondering where will it all end?

Take care everyone, keep your loved ones close and look after yourselves.

bomb hoaxes after this type of incidents are nothing new back in the 80's We'd get more hoaxes than the real thing, it was part of the 'campaign' a hoax is cheaper than a bomb but just as effective as long as it's not over done. difference between now and then is back then the terrorists were civilized they'd phone in the threat to a news paper with a code word.

Have been reading reports today that the three terrorists were 'known' to Police prior to the attack! After the previous attack it seems that the perpetrator was already 'known' to the Police....... :roll:

that's what's formed the back drop of the bilk of today's debate after the PM's press conference this morning

all 'known' means basically is there's no evidence that will stand up in court. and from what I could understand from some of the news reports some of the powers and measures the police and security forces had were deemed unlawful by a judge and some were removed by previous governments. putting new effective ones in place needs a UK government with a good sized majority in both chambers of parliament other wise there has to be to much 'horse trading' to get them through to law

Personally I think that 'people' whoever they are are very unwilling to take any action for fear of being accused of rascism. But we, as a society, have to get to grips with this threat and legislation must be put in place to allow the Police to take appropriate action; as to when that will happen and how many more victims there will be in the interim is a matter of conjecture.....

There are, of course, no easy answers but let's just hope that whoever is in charge after Thursday gets a handle on things as a matter of total priority. I do wonder how closely our authorities work with other governments? I am sure that there is much that goes on behind the scences that we know nothing about (and probably never will know about!) Sigh!

I, for example had never heard of 'blue thunder'. I thought that was very exciting but I also hope they don't get to be deployed too often.

Blue Thunder was the name of a TV series in the 80s (I think) starring Roy Scheider, who piloted a dark blue police helicopter. I loved that programme, but it all looks very old fashioned now

roy-scheider-blue-thunder-1983-directed-by-john-badham-columbia-pictures-f4pxp0.jpg

I, for example had never heard of 'blue thunder'. I thought that was very exciting but I also hope they don't get to be deployed too often.

they probably get deployed more than we're told about but not in such a open display that might have needed ministerial approval . nice to know their out there and that HMG are prepared to deploy them

last weekend was a busy one in terms of security operations with Cardiff and Manchester both having high profile events on the MET was probably a bit stretched for firearms teams special forces teams were picking up the slack