chickencam

Breast cancer

Thanks for the good wishes, the fun and games start this week. ECG at 9am which is presumably why I am still awake because I have to be somewhere early! I also have a talk and tour of the chemo suite at 10:15 then appointment with oncologist on Tuesday them chemo on Wednesday. Spent the weekend swinging between feeling like I'm on death row to impatience to get on with it!

My daughter who started uni 2 weeks ago is texting me because she has a horrible cold and feels rubbish, my MIL is in hospital and we are looking into options for her ongoing care, my dad is waiting for CT scan results so life is complex and a bit pants at the moment :(

Hi been thinking of you. Let others pitch in more. You can't be superwoman and do chemo. Your priority is you. Daughter prob been burning candle at both ends. Uni students always do. Nurse hat on here _ have you had your flu and pneumonia jabs. If not check with them when you have. Good luck thinking of you. Ali xx

We all need to be kinder and more forgiving to OURSELVES. And accept that we cannot be Superwoman all the time, nor should we be. I blame the media for the whole 'life should be perfect' thing; it's not nor ever can be and we have to accept that and celebrate who and what we are, positives and negatives.

Rant over; off for a lie down in a darkened room (once I have finished the packed lunches, found the PE kit, emptied the dishwasher....blah, blah :roll: some people never learn :shameonu: )

Sorry I’ve not been here since 1st treatment, I’ve been busy. Felt rough for first few days then just like morning sickness for a few more days then ok for the past 10 days or so. Went to see all of the elderly relatives this weekend and have been at work Thursday and Friday last week and right up to my second chemo cycle this afternoon. I’m hoping that I’m tired enough to overcome the steroids this time and get some sleep but it’s difficult when treatment is late afternoon!

Had a grumpy nurse who couldn’t get my cannula in and after two attempts had to get a much more friendly one to do it. Glad that I didn’t have that experience first time around! Got different and supposedly better anti sickness meds this time so hopefully it will be ok.

Thanks for the good wishes, will do some catching up on here over the next couple of days

My Yd & I have seen all sorts with nurses and drs trying to put in canulas. You just have to go with it, though we are less happy when drs do it as they generally dont seem to have the special touch most nurses do.

Do try and take it easy and not overdo things, but I guess being busy helps stop you dwelling on the feeling sick etc. Listen to your body and rest when you need it.

Hope the anti sickness tablets help this time and you dont feel as ick.

Thanks for asking Bluekarin :D

I’m ok had round 4 last Wednesday so two thirds of the way through now which psychologically has helped no end this time. I get an extra good week this time too because I’ve postponed number 5 which should have been on 27th but I will have the family home over Christmas and want to see both parents and inlaws between Christmas and New Year because not sure how much longer we will have a full set :( . Oncologist was happy for me to do this because they are under pressure at this time of year anyway. Really looking forward to Christmas :D

It’s a bit grim at times and the tiredness is cumulative but I’m doing ok, managing to keep my positive head on most of the time. It truly makes you appreciate the little things in life and the love I have received has been amazing. I’ve always felt like a bit of a misfit but it seems people actually like me. Who knew :lol: