chickencam

Breast cancer

Thanks, not too bad, quite impressed with healing so far. Still a bit spaced from the anaesthetic but I have managed to get out for a short walk every day and have slept pretty well for the last two nights. I have been well looked after too. Will potter about a bit more today I think but will be guided by how I feel.

Just to update you. I have HER2+ cancer which is more aggressive. In the plus side it has been caught early and hadn't spread to my lymph nodes and I consider myself to be very fortunate to have found it when I did. Also this type is much more common in young women so I am obviously young on the inside :wink:

On the downside it does mean that I have to have chemo and Herceptin injections and I am in this for the long haul from a treatment point of view but the long term outcome is still looking positive :D

Thanks all, I was unkind to myself last night physically because I had a good night out involving intoxicating beverages but it was good for my soul. A good meal followed by a quiet drink followed by a good sing along to great live music. I will be good to myself from now on to build up my health before my treatment starts. I am glad that I am overall much fitter and healthier than I was at this time last year so hopefully fighting fit in the fullest sense. :D

I just wanted to wish you well in your treatment and hope it kicks this cancers butt! I would have done the same as you, in having a big blowout before getting my head around whats to come. Don't deny yourself any nice treats, but obviously don't go crazy. And don't forget we are all here for you, for the good and the bad times ((hugs))

Thanks everyone. Sorry I have been rather disloyal recently and have been frequenting a breast cancer forum :oops:

I am seeing the oncologist on Thursday hopefully to get my treatment plan. I have done loads of research and I am going to try fasting before chemo which is supposed to mitigate some of the most toxic effects. Might try one cycle without first to see how I react and if it will be worth it though.